Fine No FV TLP! Then simply Free Trade we BEG YOU

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Angered, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Magic Augur

Sure it is, who need only free-trade without new server can play on FV, but not everyone want play on Live and because of it DPG open new TLPs sometimes. Why not say - want new TLP? Go play on any current server :)
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah, I am not opposed to a Free-Trade TLP, though it doesn't appeal to me at all, best of luck for next year :)
  3. Beep Elder

Free trade heroic level 85 server with lowered xp rates and no mercs coming boys!
  4. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Dude. You had a free trade server. It was called Brekt or however you spells it.

o_O
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well, its that or phinny 9.0.
  6. jiri_ Augur

I found their explanation that they don't have the CS staff to prevent griefing fairly convincing, frankly. I don't like it, but that's life in a game that's struggling to keep the servers on.
  7. Krim New Member

Raise the price of admission plenty of addicts willing to pay
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

Lol.

You begin to wonder just how many forum accounts the OP has to try and make his/her point. I'm guessing over 10.
  9. jiri_ Augur

Pay4CustomerService is a terrible, terrible reputation to get.
  10. code-zero Augur

Free trade is exactly what they don't want on the server. What are the FV features that you thought you could do without anyway?
  11. jiri_ Augur

Language restriction? A return of the old one character limit?
  12. yerm Augur

I perfectly well understand that the reason mangler has so many bot farmers and other servers don't is because mangler has so many people willing to throw real money instead of time/effort/skill at getting loot which sustains them. I also am very aware of what happens when raiding and high krono value loot drops and the dkp spent goes up, the drama kicks in, and otherwise good guildmates see dollar signs and do dumb stuff as a result.

No thanks either way.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Like i said you clearly don't understand the issue. Wrong about both. These "dollar signs" only really come up when stuff is super valuable. On Free trade servers everything is less valuable because of the abundance of gear floating around.

More dropable gear doesn't equal more drama about gear
    More dropable gear does equals less reason for drama over gear
    More dropable gear doesn't equal more RMT
    More dropable gear equals less RMT because it's less profitable

It's nice that you think people should be forced to play the game your way even when you don't understand the benefits of playing the game another way.
  14. Febb Augur

Why must you use larger fonts, colored text and all capital letters in your posts? I didn't even read a majority of what you post because of this and makes me want to go to your profile and set you on ignore.
  15. Protagonist Tank

Because nothing says "Sane and balanced individual making well-rationed arguments" better than giant type face, all caps posts rambling on behalf of "the world"
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

So we can immediately identify and skip those posts.
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

That is pretty much the reputation of every business that has great customer service. I haven't met any customer service representatives that work for free though I imagine there are a few out there.
  18. jiri_ Augur

Businesses that have great customer service have customer service supported by the cost of the product. DPG isn't going to turn it around by offering some level of GM and CS support for a $30/month premium server.
  19. code-zero Augur

And you obviously have never ever played on FV if you think that any of what you said is true.

As for the OP, what the devs specifically shot down was FREE TRADE. The don't like it and it causes CS and fraud issues that they can't afford to deal with and really shouldn't need to deal with.

On top of that it was clearly stated by at least one dev that being able to buy the best gear in game is in contrary to what the game should be which is to actively play the game
    That0neguy likes this.