it has already been 3 weeks since their last official post.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jayjayjay, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Creedmonk Augur

Imagine the amount of money that would be generated if there was a new TLP released during this quarantine. I guess I'm extremely spoiled by my other game of choice being Path of Exile where the dev's listen and have open discussions with their player base rather than just go dark.
  2. C3lowz Augur

Honestly at this point you guys are just holding onto information. A late spring early summer release is likely in June. For a new server, you guys at the very least can provide us with the core information about each server.

We don't care about an official launch date. We want to know exactly what type of game play we're going to be seeing, we appreciate the information that of which you released so far. But we want it all
    Creedmonk likes this.
  3. Zansobar Augur

Very late spring is June 19th. I would bet the lockdown is still in effect then.
  4. Attila Augur

Well, one thing's for sure, no one is going to be taking time off after the world gets back to work.
  5. Zansobar Augur

Most people are still working, so I don't think that's a given.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  6. taliefer Augur

Not sure that’s true. While I am still working, I am the only one in my circle of friends who is.
  7. Baulkin Augur

Eh, I was a bit of a jerk in the last thread related to "When will this launch"... so I'm just gonna say "Thank you" for any information and shut up. That being said, I'm already prompting my boss with 'Well when the new EQ server drops i'm disappearing for 2 weeks..."

Also... as a WFH person doing this craziness... no one is taking vacation days during a stay at home order. What am I gonna do? Take a vacation to the other side of my house?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe, does the other side get more sun?
  9. Piznut Angry Gnome

Does it really matter at this point? They shot down free trade TLP; the new server is probably going to be another lame mangler / coirnav clone that they make to cater to 30 box RMT'ers who they don't police
  10. Dooby dooby doo Elder

Rumor is IP restriction for the truebox server. So, normal players can play 1 or 2 toons and then the cheaters keep playing 36 with no GM enforcement.
  11. Draconum Elder

Good lord man, it's a game you're talking like this is the cure for the virus...
  12. wade_watts Augur

13. Accipiter Old Timer

That would be a great experiment. It won't happen but it would show the no-box crowd how popular a no-box server would be.
  14. Dooby dooby doo Elder

Except how much do you think they care if someone is walking around with 6 toons or there are 6 necros permanently at 1 freeti camp? Do you think daybreak will investigate further than checking their IP addresses? Which even someone with 0 knowledge about the subject could easily figure out how to get around.

it only works on p99 because they have GMs that will perform test on boxers. It also won't just stop people from planting 1 or 2 toons at 20 different camps.

I don't think an IP restriction does anything. It would just be a minor annoyance to get around. It would be more of a veil that they can say heyy look we arent allowing boxers.... while they clearly don't care and won't enforce anything.

15. Accipiter Old Timer

It would be the easiest of all measures to get around.
  16. Xenorius9 New Member

News Flash: Forum whiners are not a significant portion of Everquest's playerbase
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Same as it ever was.
  18. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

dude. sorry that i'm one of EQ playerbase. i'm just wondering when DPG will make another actual announcement on the new TLP, which everyone, including myself, in this froum are waiting for.
    is it wrong that i have wish for DPG to abide by their words?
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They said it the new servers will be coming in late spring/early summer so we still have a few months to wait.
  20. Barder-mangler Augur

At this post I don’t blame them for not announcing it too early judging by the toxic nature of the forums. “Free EQ for everyone,” and people’s repsonse is “omg the queues too many people playing.”

I’ve said it before, but I would be incredibly surprised if they don’t launch sometime between May 25th (Memorial Day sale) and July 4th (another sale). You betcha there is a strong incentive to align the launch with one or both of those regularly scheduled bonus/sales events.

As for the announcement on rules etc? I’d expect May 1st, which gives them 4-6 weeks to fine tune things based on player outrage(just like the mangler/selos changes).