it has already been 3 weeks since their last official post.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jayjayjay, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

okay. their last post was on 17 March. 3 weeks passed. they said coming "weeks". how long does the term "weeks" generally imply for? is it longer than 1 week and shorter than 1 month?

+ also, they announced that new server will be available in coming "months". will it be launched someday between Apr 2020 and Mar 2021?
  2. forum troll Elder

Soon(TM)
    Chikkin, Draconum, eepok and 3 others like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You may as well attempt to nail a swarm of gnats to a wall using a nail gun, you'd have better luck that trying to pin down a more firm date than the estimations we have had so far.

Soon (tm) is a pretty accurate statement.
    eepok and forum troll like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I would say between 1 week and 7 weeks, anything after that becomes months.

But as they are working from home things may be delayed further.
    Makta likes this.
  5. Protagonist Tank

Understand that, between that announcement and now, an apocalypse began. Use that understanding to stop using minor inconveniences to fill the spot in your brain where a personality was supposed to go.
    Kevron, Genoane, Makta and 2 others like this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Yes, because there's absolutely nothing going on in the world right now that they can sit, discuss and test potential TLP rule sets.
    Herf likes this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Draconum and Skuz like this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Eq is essential, and it should be running at 100%.
  9. Beep Elder

It's 2020. Check the discord. Only 5 people use forums anymore, including devs.
    Jaenisch likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

It's been mentioned on the forums as well, we are currently looking at a very late spring early summer launch for the announced TLPs when we have more to share we definitely will.
    Gremin, Draconum, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  11. Nofuture New Member

I think what frustrates people is that the devs are acting as is there are huge hurdles to overcome to launch these new TLPs. You aren't designing a new rocket engine or revolutionary medical device. You're creating two more servers of a 21 year old game and you've done it NINE times before. Are arbitrary rule sets really overworking the DPG devs? Maybe I'm wrong and you're busy coding the servers to start in classic with berserkers and beastlords from the jump but I doubt it. It's going to be the same as the others.
  12. Jaenisch Elder

They probably want to merge all the servers they mentioned and launch around the same time. Probably very hard for them to do. Servers have been crashing, just imagine what it will be like when they merge and launch TLPs.
  13. Glistarian Augur

Very late spring, when we're all busy doing everything we've neglected during the lockdown and running around outside enjoying freedom. Not a time we'll be signing up for a nostalgic video game experience.
  14. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

I interpret this as either May or June. I consider July to be midsummer. I don't understand why more information isn't given about the new rule set. When should we expect to receive news about the new rule set?
  15. Magic Augur

I don't understand why you've been spending all your energy on Live servers and their problems for the past few months. Of course, you started these innovations with Overseer and now you will be dealing with these problems for a years, but who will think about a large group of your players who do not play Live and want a new server?

This attitude is simply amazing, completely ignoring the requirements of customers. Pay attention of this problem, add maybe a couple of programmers to launch new server (or servers) ASAP, your creditors and customers will be very happy.

Hope it will be server with free-trade (FV TLP) with AoC, please hear your customers this time, we need it now.
  16. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

looking forward to not seeing you there then.
  17. Duskborn03 New Member

Nothing to do but wait. I promise you, everyone at DPG is kicking themselves right now. No one could have foreseen the pandemic, but this certainly turned out to be the worst possible time to implement something like Overseer, and to have a late TLP launch. They're probably counting all the money that they're not making.
  18. Typucm Elder

Normal leadership in a crisis mobilizes and divides tasks for maximum effectiveness.

Why 100% of employees are only aware Live servers problems with Overseer/new raids etc, them need find those who will take care of new TLP servers.

Instead of counting all the money that they're not making, them should count the money they earn.
  19. Vicus Augur

Thanks for the updated info. Before it was early Summer which meant June 20th/July 1st. Good to know you want it earlier at least. I think the server mergers should be delayed to release the new TLP's for max benefit of profit but that's just me. I also think that we aren't going back to "normal" in the next 60 days like the news wants to make you believe because reality is those who dont have the virus aren't going to want to jump outside into the world when no actual cure/vaccine has been established. I also think school (in the U.S) is done till at least September so there is that. Anyhow May would be best for us....but you can leave any PVP or FV loot out of the servers, the majority of us would appreciate it.
  20. Inictus Elder

Mid to late June would cover the late spring early summer line, since summer begins on June 20th (at least in the northern hemisphere), so that's where my hopes are. If it's early in May, so much the better!