Bard invis aa - IVU portion has shorter range than the invis part

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by svann, Mar 14, 2020.

1. svann Augur

Shauri's Sonorous Clouding aa 3/3 casts two spells, one invis and one IVU. The IVU half is way less range than the invis half. I suspect it is not getting benefit of range extending aa's. Im measuring 400 range from the invis and only 100 range on the IVU.

This causes a problem with the group sometimes only getting the invis half and no IVU. Worse than that it also knocks off their previously cast IVU. So they run around and get creamed by the first undead they try to run past not knowing their IVU got knocked off.
    Roartyger Smoot, Wulfhere and Redsumm like this.
  2. Redsumm Journeyman

I will add that the second paragraph is not necessarily a range thing. I can stand next to the bard, IVU, then the bard hits the AA, and my IVU is gone without replacement. The lack of replacement is not 100%. I would estimate between 25-40%.

However, I start running to the next thing (same as the bard) and I go splat.
  3. svann Augur

A few ideas to fix this:
    1. Make the ivu portion benefit from extended range aas
    or
    2. If you cant do that (because its a proc?) then make the base range of the IVU 'song' 400. Im sure any bard that has shauri's 3/3 also has max extended range aa so this would make them equal.
    or
    3. Make shauris deathly clouding (IVU) not knock off regular IVU or invis. AFAIK there is no other buff you can give someone that would strip IVU, so why should invis strip it?
  4. RPoo Augur

[IMG]
    As soon as the bard casted his invis the regular stuck but I got no undead and a nearby orc immediately attacked me.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

I believe the bug mechanic is because of the complicated casting interactions and possibly server (vs client) timing.

The AA casts a group song (spell) instantly that includes another recourse and a triggered spell. The SPA 374 (Trigger Spell) is cast on each recipient individually and this is where the problem may be.

[231]Shauri's Sonorous Clouding (3)
    Cast: Shauri's Sonorous Clouding III

[51343/30772] Shauri's Sonorous Clouding III
    Classes: BRD/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Target Group
    AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 10m+ (100 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Recourse: Shauri's Levitation I
    1: Cast: Shauri's Deathly Clouding I
    2: Invisibility
    3: See Invisible
    Text: A soft mist surrounds you.

[51732/30772] Shauri's Deathly Clouding I
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 10m+ (100 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Invisibility to Undead

Now if the spell effects (buff) window logic is flawed or the client and server don't agree on the order of operations, it's possible that application of SPA 374 is happening concurrently with the IVU removal side-effect of invis landing. I.e. a race condition. Since Shauri's Deathly Clouding I doesn't have a Text message we can't see this in our logs.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Invis (SPA 12 and 314) does cancel IVU (SPA 28 and 315) and that is what's happening. IVU does not cancel Invis. But there is some order dependency as to what happens between them. In fact you can have at least 4 SPA of invisibility at the same time if you receive them in a particular order. For example:

SPA 12
    SPA 28
    SPA 314
    SPA 315

Once SPA 12 or 314 has landed then the other 3 can land in any order.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

I believe this bug is 100% reproducible with this sequence. I think it's not about the IVU part in Rk III at all:

/hide # upon success
    /alt activate 231 # Shauri's Sonorous Clouding II

Results in not being invisible:

[Tue Mar 24 23:05:26 2020] You begin to hide...
    [Tue Mar 24 23:05:28 2020] You are no longer hidden.
    [Tue Mar 24 23:05:28 2020] You begin singing Shauri's Sonorous Clouding II.
    [Tue Mar 24 23:05:28 2020] A soft mist surrounds you.
    [Tue Mar 24 23:05:28 2020] Your feet leave the ground.
    [Tue Mar 24 23:05:28 2020] You become visible.

Normal invisible sequence:

[Tue Mar 24 23:05:42 2020] You begin singing Shauri's Sonorous Clouding II.
    [Tue Mar 24 23:05:42 2020] A soft mist surrounds you.
    [Tue Mar 24 23:05:42 2020] Your feet leave the ground.
    niente likes this.
  8. Roartyger Smoot Elder

The songs the aa does are reversed from earlier versions. The song with the invis to undead should be the short duration and long duration shouldn't have any type of invis people would just use their own for the pull or long run. The short song is for traveling together as a compact group. I have to relearn every time I play my bard now. Very annoying.

My mistake, this may not be about Selo's Accelerato and Accelerando.