Alt Tab will occasionally hard lock

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Piznut, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Piznut Angry Gnome

Occasionally, when I alt tab out of full screen EQ, and eventually click back in, EQ will load back up and be a blackscreen. Sound and everything will freeze completely, and it won't let me Alt-f4, tab out, or do anything with my computer. Occasionally EQ will "catch up" and all the sounds will play at once and things will go back to normal, but sometimes it will stay black screened and force a hard reboot on my computer.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or knows a way to prevent it while still being able to play full screen?

It only has happened on my two computers that run GeForce graphics cards, so i'm not sure if that plays a part in it.
  2. Marshaik Apprentice

For me when that happens to me which it happens and its not on EQ side for that. I hit the window button on keyboard and i hit sign out button and it will knock out EQ for you which I did died few times for black screen to play music in the background but now I dont do that no more. I just do that and I dont need to hard reboot my pc like I did before when that happened.
  3. Piznut Angry Gnome

The sign out trick worked. But it's still super random and annoying. Any idea what's causing it on your end? I'll tab out 20 times with no issues, then the 21st it just nopes out on me.
  4. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

I had a similar issue once upon a time. I found that a power saving feature was kicking in and causing the graphics card to go idle. If you have any power saving options check them out.
  5. Gozier New Member

My issue is similar, but not identical. Sometimes when I alt-tab to a different EQ instance, the computer will act as if the Alt button is stuck. The hover-labels for all the spell gems are showing (like when you just press the Alt key) and all my keys stop working, or work as if they were pressed in combination with the Alt key. EQ is the only application that causes this problem; I've tried to reproduce it with other games, but cannot.
  6. Derek Lorekeeper

Ive been having this issue for weeks and its terrible, anyone else have any idea what could fix this??
    It seems like a problem with windows 10 settings maybe??
  7. Conark Journeyman

My computer does the same thing. When alt tab between accounts it does the black screen but in 20 or so seconds will catch up. I am using Nvidia also.In the past I fixed. I had uninstalled the GeForce experience program which it had somehow caused it. Then when windows 10 had the big update for the gaming service it started again. I turned all of it off. Now its been doing it again and have yet to find an answer. If any has any ideas it would be appreciated.
  8. Conark Journeyman

I did find something I'm testing. Since my pc is 60 fps I noticed in EQ video advanced options it was on like 140 or something. I turned the max frames per second and max background fps to 60. Not sure if anything but testing.