best 6 man groups for classic tlp to don ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by johnnie, Mar 18, 2020.

1. johnnie Journeyman

main warrior i love tanking in raids,cleric healing rez buffs divine arb later on,druid snare and tracking or ranger?,mage for uber pets(coth lvl 55)and summoned goods.5th spot mage or wizard?,6th spot an enchanter who can be used to charm mobs.
    i love a bard also in the group but i want a solid group that can do all the content from classic to don,
  2. Risiko Augur

1. Ogre Warrior (no frontal stun uber tank)
    2. Cleric
    3. Enchanter (charm is the win)
    4. Druid (ports)
    5. Mage (CoTH and DPS)
    6. Monk (pulls and DPS)
  3. MAggius New Member

You need
    Healer , Tank , Snarer , CC , Reser , Porter/Evaccer , dps

Tank - Warrior (early game really doesnt matter warrior/sk/paladin/ranger , but warrior defensive really opens up options)
    Healer - Cleric is just superior
    Slower - chanter or shaman, though chanters mana buff + charm make them a better choice
    Evaccer/porter - Wizard or Druid - Wizard burst dps can be helpful , druid additional healing is nice.
    DPS/Puller / Snarer- Monk/SK/Bard/Ranger/Mage/Necro - all have diff benefits
  4. Numiko Augur

really in classic you could use 6 clerics and do well.
    Players at so overpowered in the lower level game you can just steamroll anything with any class.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  5. feigntrain Elder

What do you guys need a warrior for when you have a charm pet?
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

1. SK
    2. Shaman
    3. Bard
    4. Monk
    5. Mage
    6. Do you want more healing or more DPS? Cleric, Druid, or Wizard
  7. mark Augur

the warrior his for raiding,cleric a must and enchanter for charm slow mind candy.wizard can port to more places then druid and snare even if not as good as ranger druid,1 mage because coth rules at lvl 55 and then a 6th ?all classes i play are human good and start in qyenos or near it.
  8. mark Augur

my last tlp that i 6 boxed ragefire i used to play warrior,cleric.druid,mage,wizard and enchanter.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

1. Enchanter X 4
    2. Cleric
    3. Warrior
    Programs take care of teleport / speed and now you can charm without fear of losing the charm.
    Going to watch the mayhem later today as a friend logs into FV to test for the upcoming TLP.
  10. Rcbauer Augur

Paladin- Superior tank in classic. Heals,LoH, Rez, stun, root.
    Druid-heals, dots, ports, sow , DS, regen, etc
    Ench-Charm=best dps

build any group around those 3

ADD...

cleric - easy heals and another rez, Undead nukes
    Mage- easy dps
    bard- best puller or can be a camp bard to keep mana high.

Warriors are worthless in classic. Yes I said it.
  11. michahs1 New Member

if you're planning on going through DRAGONS OF NORRATH with it, then you'll want warrior / bard / shaman / berserker in that mix. that 4 man combo absolutely destroys everything wholesale. last two slots, probably two more melee dps -- monk for one probably, and then maybe another berserker. no porters, definitely no enchanter. you might be able to start with a porter/enc early on in the game, but encs fall off hard after pop, and you'll need to start synergizing your group for buffs/cooldowns, or you'll be trash tier fast. the shm/brd/ber combo for melee groups is insane pretty much forever after OoW.
  12. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Melee are extremely weak pre Epic 1.0. All of them. Knights get by because of spells. However, from Epic 1.0 till late Luclin Melee take over casters due to sustain and weapon scaling. This is especially true now that spell focus doesn't activate until Luclin. PoP and beyond classes are reasonably close provided equal gearing.
  13. Ahze Elder

There is no good answer to this question as asked, the optimal group setup changes as the eras go on. The optimal group setup depends on you and your hardware too. You have to like playing the setup. You have to be good/practiced enough to use all the toons at the same time effectively. Doing that is harder the more unique classes you have in the group.
  14. code-zero Augur

Switch warrior to Iksar as soon as possible, the AC bonus is very real early in the game. Well past DoN anyway
  15. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Female Erudite SK
    Female Gnome Cleric
    Female Barbarian Shaman
    Male Half-Elf Bard
    Male Human Monk
    Male Human Monk
  16. Xeris Augur

You want a tank (war, pal, SK... You choose), a bard, and a cleric. The DPS you can fill with anything. Rangers and casters will be easiest to box, monks will probably be highest DPS. If you want you can have a shaman and then 2 DPS classes.

I think enchanters are overrated later on. Unless you're super good at boxing or using programs, good luck juggling charmed pets with 5 other characters needing to do stuff. Also, your group can kill any groupable content... Charm pet just lets you kill stuff faster. Not a necessary class. Bard gives you all the haste and regen you'll need. If your guys are geared, the clarity won't make a big diff.
  17. Jaenisch Elder

SK, Cleric, Enc, Wiz, Mage, Mage I guess if you want to be casual. If you're serious about a TLP release, Cleric, Mage, Mage, Mage, Mage, Mage
  18. Ahze Elder

It is very possible to charm while 6 boxing, I've spent a good deal of time with 2 charm pets at once. You certainly can get by without charming but the progress is a lot slower without it.
  19. Barder-mangler Augur

In classic it’s 5 enchanters and a cleric, period. Nothing even comes close.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. A player New Member

Ogre warrior
    Enchanter
    Mage
    Wizard
    Bard
    Cleric

I started in classic on Mangler and still playing these today. You have everything you need in this party.