Returning 3box

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rist, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Rist New Member

I am sure this question comes up a lot, and I apologize for another one but I wanted to get some opinions on current content and my ideas.

I've been away for a long while, since HoT I believe. I previously ran a 2 box with a Pal/Brd and some mercs.. This time I am looking at going for a 3box and doing a bit more.

These will be Heroic Characters on a different server, as I don't want to stay on FV where my current box resides.

I was thinking of the following..
    Warrior or Paladin tank
    Shaman
    Ranger

I've read a lot about Bards, and I know they were extremely powerful before and it sounds like it's still the case... but I was trying to get away from what I had before.
    How does the Ranger do in pulling now? Is Warrior ok for a box or is having a Knight just more important? If not the Ranger, what else would be good in it's place besides a Bard?

Thanks Everyone
    PCSS likes this.
  2. Borm_of_fv Apprentice

I tried that combo and it failed due to crowd control. Mobs hit hard and with a box team it’s harder to park them quickly. I swapped out shammy for enchanter, saving shammy for buff bot, and things got very smooth. We are now doing ToV - slowly. To improve movement I swapped ranger for mage. COTH makes getting in place much easier and enchanter/mage make a nice combo.

I use warrior for tank due to a char I made 20 years ago, but if I’m honest an SK would work better. I just like the brute force nature of a warrior.
    PCSS likes this.
  3. Chopin.Xegony Augur

I was very successful for a long time with

Bard
    Shaman
    Mage

Mage pet tanks, bard solo pulls, shammy for slows/heals.