Poor Customer Help

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ixebundy, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Ixebundy New Member

Had an issue with a quest - Source of Rot - I finished the quest, but notice at the end that it did not credit me with a step in the middle, it gave me the piece like it was suppose to but did not check it in the quest, it gave me the next steps and everything. I petitioned and was told because it was a solo task they cant help because I was in a group. Thought they were wanting people to group. Finish the quest did all tasks and did not get any help..... SAD!

Justin "Woebot" C.
    Today at 08:03
    Greetings Traveler,

We will be unable to assist you with your quest. As the quest was not conducted solo, you will need to drop the task and conduct the quest as it was intended.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

From what I can tell (obviously I don't know everything involved), it appears the CSR is totally clueless.

99% of "solo" quests are supposed to be done with a group. For one thing, it would be almost impossible for a druid to do most of the current content "solo" quests by themselves. Only some classes can do "solo" quests by themselves (with a merc).

From what others have said about Darkpaw customer service, if a quest fails, most of the time the answer from Darkpaw is to "reacquire through gameplay", in other words, go try again because we don't have the personnel to investigate. Which is a reasonable answer if the finances of Darkpaw are considered, that is they just don't have the money to pay people to spend the time checking something that you can repeat.

What the CSR should have done was tell you that and also suggest you file a bug report so it can be fixed. I do suggest you go to the Bug Reports forum and post a detailed description of the issue so it can be looked at.
  3. MysticOne Augur

I had this problem as well. Different quest, same GM. If you go to a "quest for experience type of game" vs "killing mobs", you have to expect DB actually support quest when they don't work. Who wants to spend hours do a quest that doesn't work? If the quest broken in old content, and only on one server. Then don't expect anything. All you can do is just don't click on "consume krono."
  4. Deathly Elder

I have had many an issue and Woebot has been more then helpful and fair. I do not find CSR lacking at all in my experience.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree regarding Woebot BUT if the answer the OP quoted is accurate that shows an extreme lacking in game knowledge.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think it is fair enough to tell folks to fill out a bug report or say that they cannot support giving quest rewards due to failed quests. If they don't have the resources they don't have them. People can choose to play the game or not because of that.

My problem is a CS person saying that SOLO quests cannot be done while in a group. This is simply not true in any way or form. SOLO quests are called such because they are just given to one person not a group. It is not because they are intended to be completed without a group.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Aanuvane and Fanra like this.
  7. MysticOne Augur

The only problem with doing a bug report for a older quest, that only you experienced on your server, is that not only did you waste your time doing the quest, that bug report is going absolutely nowhere. I know in my case it was a long progression quest in a old expansion, and all I can do is keep repeating the quest every server restart, and I'm just not going to do that, for not even any exp. /igiveup on it. /nokrono.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

All players get is a hot key answer.
    That is it.
    Support is good if you lost an item, they may give it back to you.

GM's aren't a lost cause, but their needs to be changes.

The experience a lot of players are having is easily going to cause a population change when a new game opens up.

A quest not updating can be due to server lag, there has been a lot in the past month. Chat lag too.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Never had a problem with support. Every time I have contacted them they have been very helpful.

But I think a lot of times it related to the petitioner. Just like posting the same thing twice in the forums is frowned upon. So just one post explaining your displeasure would have been fine.

But posting is still not going to fix it. Feel free to require the item or re do the quest in game with the help of fellow players. :D
  10. MysticOne Augur

What I'm saying is. If the quest is broken, and the exp and reward or achievement is tied to quest completion, and you apply "your paid subscription time" to doing or re-doing the broken quest, then your totally screwed out of your time. If the quest has "mobs that you kill for decent exp", then it's broken, you get "the decent exp" and you can re-do the quest all you want and you still get the decent exp. even if you never get it to work. If a gold member puts in a service request, they should get decent gold support. Even an exp potion if it can't be solved. Not ignored.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

My biggest problem is with the answer not the outcome.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have one character that completed The Gift Of Laughter which is a one day/once a year only quest. He was awarded every thing but the suffix "the insane". There is no way to get this, no way to redo the quest since it is one time only, and GM told me they cannot assign suffix names (which I question) and to bug it (which I did) but never got a response. So I could have remade the character or go on with the game. I went on.

So I do understand the frustration of not being able to complete something. There is no way I can ever obtain that suffix "the insane" on that character but I don't feel they owe me anything for my account being Gold, nor do they owe me anything at all really. I have a few Gold accounts but all I expect for that is the AA, J5 merc and a few other things. Neither of us were ignored its just that neither of us liked the outcome. Yours is fixable, mine is not.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

New poster.. (hiding their real player name) ..

I have a very sneeky suspicion. Your not sharing everything ..
  14. Lynnes New Member

So i filled out a ticket and heres how it went.
    Over seer conversions. i did the quest to combine 3 common agents to get one uncommon but didn't get any thing out of it. i did the quest 6 times claimed the reward but the uncommon agents I should have gotten are not showing up any where.
    Greetings Traveler,
    Our records show that you conducted the Overseer quest Common Conversion six times, and that the six Uncommon Agents were added to your Overseer Agents tab. If you cannot see these Agents, you may need to reboot your Everquest client.
    Sincerely,
    Senior GM Woebot
    Me Again
    I have reloged and did a file check and it still only shows i have 1 uncommon and 6 common agents. That is why i filled out a ticket to begain with.
    Greetings Adventurer,
    Unfortunately, CS is unable to assist with any of the new content that may be bugged or in flawed design at this time. We recommend asking around in-game or on the forums for potential work-around's as we are hands-off currently. I apologize for this.
    For all bug report issues, you will need to use the command /bug to alert our Development Team. They will be fixing potential bugs internally in a future update. We appreciate your assistance.
    Sincerely,
    Senior GM Woebot
    I did fill out a bug report for all the good that will do.....
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

I had a quest that bugged mid-way through. It showed step 2 of 3 complete but step 3 just didn't appear. I was told to just start over. I think when you have 2/3 completed and the quest clearly bugged that treating customer time like it has no value is not the right way to be handling things. I hate to understand why people leave the game, myself included for periods of time.