Merge All Servers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

Can you guys just merge all servers (can leave out special ones like progression, pvp, etc) but all standard servers just merge into 1 server. You can add in the instances for all school raids so the current issue you have with find old raids up for achievements would be fixed. All new content has zone picks and instanced raids so no issues there.
  2. code-zero Augur

Please no.
    cadres, Aanuvane and Annastasya like this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

no to server merges .. there are enough jerks on every server dont need to multiply them ..
    wish DB would actually do something about the chat bully's on some of these servers .. reporting them does nothing ..
    cadres likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

It won't make people group with you.
    Smokezz, Dre., Mintalie and 4 others like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Dreamweaver wrote this today in regards to rumors of Luclin and AB merging:

6. Cloud the Third Augur

If we merged all servers we could get rid of mercs they would no longer be needed because enough real players would be on one server like classic days.

First month of ToV was great but it was so easy the servers are dead now because most people are done with it.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Be a good player and you wouldnt be replaced by a merc. Me and my other knights aren’t useing mercs. Sounds more like a ‘you’ problem not a server problem.
  8. Allayna Augur

No.

On Xegony there are several guilds that actively raid current content on Sun. Realm of Insanity, Machin Shin, Iratus Lepus, and Champions of Norrath are all actively raiding between ~ 6pm and 11pm EST.

The SERVER SIDE lag is noticeable on Sun and nearly absent on our Monday night raids. (MS is the only guild of the 4 that raid on Mondays) Even doing the same exact event, (Mains on Sun, ALTs on Mon) doing the Sleeper raid on mains on Sunday night we see chain DTs as the mobs warp and jackwagon across the screen. We simply do not see this on Monday raids.

You're talking about roughly 200 players mashing buttons and sending signals constantly to the same server at the same time.

According to Elitegamerslounge there are at least 30 guilds who have beaten a ToV raid. That's a terrible idea to cram them into 1 server.

Please let this and all server merge threads die in a giant tire fire.
  9. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Drunk post. :D
  10. Marton Augur

Merging all servers does not mean that people who don't like to group are going to magically change their behaviour and suddenly group with you.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm Bristlebane doesn't appear dead. I may be seeing figments though. Darned old eyes.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Better idea:

1. Merge all servers into 1 mega server.

2. Activate original Zek PvP rules. No restrictions.

3. Activate Discord Server rules. You die once, you delevel to level 1 and your body gets looted.

:p
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Plenty of people are doing plenty of group stuff. I missed out on the first 2 groups tonight, but ended up in a non-boxed group with 0 mercs minutes later.

This is after a raid night when half the guild is already likely done for the night.
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Merge all complainers onto their own servers. Buy popcorn.
  15. Cloud the Third Augur

Well if they merged all servers they could pay for better hardware to be able to support all the players on one server so lag I don't think would be an issue. The most populated current server lags more than servers did years ago with 10x as many players on it.

I can solo in every zone in ToV the me not being able isn't a problem and I get invited all the time for groups when people are on and doing it, just so often noone is on doing what I want to do. So it is join tons of people who send tells wanting me to come do what they are doing but hard to find people who want to do stuff they aren't ready for or stuff that is from expansion that I didn't play during and can't solo.

Heck I am getting bored I am close to being fully raid ToV geared with the best and have around 70 krono with another 30 million plat or so... but I am getting really bored and almost ready to quit playing again maybe come back in another 2-3 expansions if the game still exist.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Right along with PvP TLP, great idea.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

It's a nice dream. Although, a Cray XC30-AC emulating a Linux server environment...Only $500k to 3 million dollars a pop.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Maybe we need to re-balance classes.
    Yinla and Marton like this.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Bigstomp likes this.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

We would be sad if you left.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.