Guild Tradeskill Banker

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bardan Masquerader, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Bardan Masquerader Journeyman

Simple, I believe the guild halls should contain a Trade Skill Items specific Guild Banker. Guild Banks clog up pretty easily to begin with, and a TS specific GB would help store donated TS items so they are accessible to every guild mate who needs.

I believe the best way for this to be achieved is to actually put tabs in the guild banker window. You could even go beyond just TS items, why not have a tab for collectibles & spells/tomes? Each section (tab) should be able to hold a large amount of the specific items it's meant to hold. Just a suggestion, we'll see how far it goes. Thanks for your time - Vento
    IceSy, Ferriciean, Nolrog and 13 others like this.
  2. Endorek Lorekeeper

I love this idea
    Bardan Masquerader likes this.
  3. Petalonyx Augur

4. enclee Augur

Great idea.
  5. Mithra Augur

Can they check what tradeskill an item is for? If they can't do tabs could make various NPCs that only accept specific type of items.
  6. Allayna Augur

The guild hall also needs a revamp to the number of placed items and the ability to place a TS merchant, preferably one from like TBL or ToV.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would think every Guild would like a Bigger & better-organised guild bank

Separate tabs for spells/tomes, tradeskill items, collection items.

I know the actual amount of storage gives the tech team huge headaches but re-jigging the interface should be a reasonable thing to get done one day.

Allowing you to pre-set what the items will go into the bank as would help too, currently everything you put in the bank goes in as View Only - would be nice to have a way select the items you are putting into the bank to be put in as public then select for public if usable etc. would make bank management a ton easier rather than having to put each item in & change it's setting after, reducing how many clicks are needed would save a lot of time for bankers.
  8. Zamiam Augur

^^^ this is an excellent idea .. love it .. also a increase to guild bank items would be nice I mean lets face it guild bank was introduced iirc back when DoN era came out and I think we've had 1 GB increase sense then .. and DoN came out in 2005? wouldnt hurt to increase the size of it alittle more being we've had 17 expansions sense then and countless thousands of items added to the game ..

my dates of when Guild bank was added might be wrong .. but i know was awhile ago ..
  9. Bardan Masquerader Journeyman

Thanks for the replies folks. Glad I'm not the only one who would appreciate this feature if implemented!
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've created this Feedback thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-to-move-guild-bank-items-with-status.263729/
    Bardan Masquerader and Skuz like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I never understood the point of being able to have tradeskill containers in the guildhall, but not having any merchants that sell basic TS materials, forcing you to actually leave the guildhall to do anything.
  12. Coagagin Guild house cat

Great idea with one hitch - the database. The database is old, cranky and like much of original EQ, out of date and in need of a refresh. Unfortunately, this has been brought up before with little insight other than the DBA types throw a fit whenever these feature requests come up.

From a technology side I cannot imagine anything less dependent on old tech as a query but then again, I am not familiar with the true underbelly of EQ as well. Otherwise I would say a new NO SQL gateway to a document DB might be worth looking into but constraints being constraints, old tech being old tech its hard to say.

Love the idea though. Would make a lot of collectable problems go away.

- Coag the architect
  13. Bardan Masquerader Journeyman

I think it can be done, if they could create a parcel system which is essentially a second inventory that's cached, I'm under the assumption they can work with what they have to create a Guild Banker Tabs for different items with their own overall inventory space for each.
  14. Nolrog Augur

That would be great as well. Tabs for spells/tomes, gear, tradeskill, misc. Would really help organize the GB.
  15. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I think they could solve this problem if they refined the current storage crate method. Something like being able to parcel an item to the storage crate, the item being indexed and searchable (like /baz), then retrieved via parcel fee or in-person.

I don't think most people bother sorting their own banks anymore with the current Find/Grab ability in place.

I'd be perfectly happy with a Sagacious Great Jade in the guild hall, though. GH tradeskill containers are basically just decorations at the moment.
  16. Aanuvane Augur

But realistically, could they make the storage big enough to really add value? I'd be looking for thousands of slots...if you compare this to what I accomplish with real estate: 15+ houses for tradeskill items alone. 3 houses for collectibles, 7+ houses for gear, 3+ houses for ornaments, 2 houses for spells, 2 houses for general adventuring supplies, etc.
  17. Bobokin Augur

I have posted asking for a Guild Librarian for scrolls (spells and tomes) only.

Having another for trade skill items and pots would be fine too.

I'd rather have three different entities than one for realism, and it would be far easier to just copy the guildbank and restricting items access than to make a tabbed system for on guildbank.
  18. Zamiam Augur

im not a programmer , however I would think it would be harder to copy/paste 3 or 4 more guild banks NPC's rather than just create tabs on the current one and increase the size and add a filter drop down for each tab ?.. creating tabs you dont need to create whole databases .. with just adding tabs all your doing is sorting the items ie. collections, scrolls, tomes , TS items into different windows of the same database and increasing the size limit of the current Gbanker ..?

If you create 3 or 4 new Gbankers separate from each other that will entail new databases for each one to accommodate plus the size limit for each new Gbanker ..

like i said im not a programmer so not sure if what im saying makes sense .. if not just disregard post

and if its not I wouldnt mind being enlightened :p
  19. Xyphen Maximum Augur

No, both solutions are trivial. You don't create new databases - you would add a row to an existing table for guild bankers. Table A would have an index of all guild bankers with a secondary key of which guild they belong to, which would reference a primary key in Table B which contains rows of the items each banker has.

In SQL / abstracted NoSQL solution:

Table A --> (Guild ID, Banker ID)
    Table B --> (Banker ID, Item<List>)

When a zone loads, it would fetch all the bankers that match your Guild ID. It would then populate each banker with the items in Table B.

Hope that helps.
  20. Zamiam Augur

ok I'm followin ya . so having multiple bankers isnt hard to code per se , but would having multiple bankers increase load time on the server exponentially ?

what would put more strain on the server load times or Ghall load time having multiple bankers in the GHall or just having 1 Gbanker in the Ghall with increased size and tabs, or would it even matter ?

P.S. thank you for clarifying