Good or Bad to release 21st anniversary raid 16th March?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Those who were in beta all saw the gear asigned to the 21st anniversary, so we know there is one on the way the question is when will they release it.

My question to you is - Is it good or bad to release the anniversary raid the day before the final ToV raids go live?

Curious of how the community feel about this one.

P.S. want to buy the anniversary release information :p
  2. Sancus Augur

Bad. I have a meeting the night of the 16th, and it seems perfectly reasonable that EQ content releases accommodate my schedule.

In seriousness, I'm somewhat ambivalent. I think the biggest thing is giving sufficient notice about when the raid will go live. From a content pacing standpoint it probably is better to let people have some time with T3 before launching an anniversary raid, but not a big deal either way.
    Kuvani, Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  3. svann Augur

Gonna need something to fill raid night 2.
    ;)
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

Raiders will have to decide what to do come raid time I guess. Go do ANN stuff or TOV raids. I don't see an issue. Unless this is a post to push TOV T3 raids back till after Ann stuff I am sure that would make other raiders very unhappy.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. enclee Augur

I don't think they'll release both at the same time. They'll probably time it with the back half of the anniversary events.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hehe As I am sure you already know, the EQ schedule is mine to manipulate. Now stare into the swinging crystal. You are getting sleepy, you are getting sleepy...

Seriously, there will be complaints no matter when it is scheduled or what it is. For myself, I was hoping for GMM 2.0.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. svann Augur

T3 open date has already been announced. Tues. March 17. I dont think they will change it.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  8. Riou EQResource

Why would they choose, they can do anniversary the day before, or after t3 is done
  9. Natal Augur

Why does it matter?
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But they have yet to announce the anniversary stuff.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Hopefully they delay the Anni raid until at least a week after T3 raids unlock. That way guilds have some time to clear the T3 raids as that will be the bigger priority. Anni raids will probably have the better gear drops but we need the T3 achievements to upgrade the +damage/heal aug.
    Axxius and Yinla like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A lot of this comes down to difficulty and if the anniversary raids are only in for a limited time. If the anniversary raids are unlimited like GMM was its not a major issue if they go in on 16th, if its limited I'd rather see it appear in the 2nd batch of anniversary content when hopefully most guilds have beaten ToV.......unless we have a raid like Mearatas.....
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

This matters literally 0%. Raids vying for top 10 will all mass rush the T3 events. Done. Full stop. Any Anniversary raids available are icing on the cake afterwards.

I do wish I paid closer attention to the gear on the vendors in beta, though. I'd like to see what slots are coming so that I don't buy stupid crap from normal ToV raids when better things are around the corner (if that's the case).
  14. svann Augur

IIRC its all slots except primary/secondary/visible.
  15. Ryino Elder

With a Velious expansion I was pulling for a new Plane of Mischief.
    mark and Yinla like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With Bristlebane the cause of all this mischief. :)
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Ahh, okay. I just keep thinking about GMM and how basically the only things that ever dropped for us seemed to be shoulders (herro, evolving shoulders, ... ROT) and waists.
  18. Prathun Developer

This is not meant as a spoiler, but to manage expectations.
    There are no new raids for the 21st anniversary.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

!

Is there any new anything for the 21st anniversary?
  20. Gavin822 New Member

How lazy