What classes will be the most successful if a Free For All PVP server launches?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Feb 23, 2020.

1. yerm Augur

Rallos was practically a blue server, is why. He was talking about pvp servers where people actually pvped at least close to as much as on tlp expac launches.
  2. Master Kahleem Augur

We could always include carebears in pvp by disallowing looting of other player's corpses. Only let money be lootable? :confused:
  3. ECrack Augur

I don't think this post is going the way Runes wanted it to.

Thanks for all the love and support for the PvP community everyone! We love seeing the HUGE interest in a PvP TLP. Super excited to see it get implemented! Can't wait to see all your names in RED! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Because we don't need to.

Success of other PVE TLPs provides the data they need to see to show another one would make money.
  5. Shiba Journeyman

Except PVE and PVP is different? I love high level PVP in almost every game I play but EQ is not balanced around PVP. This sad crusade for a PVP server isn't going to fix the problems that current TLPs have.

Are they going to magically find a way to police the teleporters and boxers? Are you going to be ok with a 20 mage multi boxer teleporting his team on top of your legitimate group and then camping you?

This idea of a PVP server is a pipe dream and I am so tired of seeing this garbage by the same 5 people.
  6. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

You're replying to something different than I said I think.

He said we should play on Live to prove we want another PVE TLP. Since PVP people are being told to play on Zek.

I said we dont need to do that to prove a new PVE TLP has support because all the other TLPs already show that.

I do agree with what you're saying in your post though.
  7. PVPme Augur

The anti-pvp hate is so strong they start arguing at each other, lol.

If you don't enjoy PvP just don't play on the new PvP server. Simple.

spoiler: We consist of a lot more then 5 people. I remember a 250ish+ signed petition last year, and this year we have nearly 300 players in the PvP crusade discord just after 2 weeks of bringing the community together.
  8. ECrack Augur

It used to be the same 1 person. We're growing. Thanks for acknowledging us Senpai.
  9. Dulu Augur

I liked the guy yesterday who said this was just me and my "18 friends".

I felt popular.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Rallos was not "practically a blue serve."

Rallos did have a large group of "anti-pkers" to someone from the outside that sounds different that it was. Anti-Pkers were more of Anti-griefers. Because many of the high end guilds/players were openly against griefing not a lot of people were griefers. There was still plenty of PvP though.

I'm pretty sure a non-team server would end up a lot like Rallos. Non-team PvP is very political in nature at the high end.
  11. Master Kahleem Augur

I really wish I knew what the infrastructure costs were for a new EQ TLP server. If it was low enough that 100 people playing on it would pay for it then it'd give a place for all the pvp-hungry players to come back to and funnel into. Boom, no more threads asking for a PVP TLP server every month. :)
  12. Dulu Augur

Red99 has more people than some of the TLP's, and it's last expansion/major update was 2015.
  13. Master Kahleem Augur

Right, but that's not related to my infrastructure question. Red99 is running on a more modern codebase than live EQ (scary but probably true). So an official server probably is a pain to deal with infrastructure and setup-wise. It's not only about server costs but man-hours for the setup and testing process.

It's not a simple process. DPG probably have several sprints of work planned out for the whole thing per server.
  14. Updawg New Member

I'm not going to get into the good idea for a pvp server thing, but P99 red has dismal numbers, with 27 people being on right now, and that number doesn't raise much ever.
  15. Dulu Augur

Red99 had 1,000 people when Kunark was new.

Red has been around for 10~ years.

The last expansion update was in 2015.

Do you really want to compare PVE TLP's to a server which launches it's last and FINAL expansion in 2015? Come on, bruh.

[IMG]
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Fixed that for you.

Red99 is a dead server just like Fippy because PvP doesn’t attract many players especially when compared to PvE servers.

Blue server on P99 is several years older and has a population of 500-1000 members still. Being old doesn’t necessarily kill the server but PvP definitely does and would be a big waste of a new TLP server.
    Skuz and menown like this.
  17. PVPme Augur

Both servers got launched in 2011 but r99 still has people logging in to raid, Fippy does not.

PvP does need to be wiped/reset more often then PvE servers imo though. Claiming its dead because its PvP is silly though. It was very popular and alive up until the Sleeper got woke, even blue took a big population hit after they woke the Sleeper.
  18. Updawg New Member

Then I believe what you meant to say is that p99 red HAD more players. I'm not sure how that matters now, but currently there are just over 474 players playing p99 blue (which is about the same age as red) and 37 playing red. If your purpose was to show how much more popular pvp servers are you might want to talk about something other than p99 red
    Skuz likes this.
  19. That0neguy Augur

Oh so now it's not just a TLP PVP server but you need some type of seasonal server? At what point should it be wiped. How far will this TLP server go before a reset? Kunark, Luclin, Pop, GoD, OoW? Or are you going to commit to playing on this server as it progresses to live?

Also has the "PVP community" decided on which PVP ruleset they want? Good vs Evil? Good vs Evil vs Neutral? FFA? What about looting, restricted to coin or items? What about level restrictions on engaging?
  20. PVPme Augur

We should probably go more into depth about this conversation in the proper PVP discussion thread.

But imo.

Teams/Luclin stop/Coin loot/8 level up&down restrictions for PvP

We can discuss about it more in the proper thread if you want though :)

I think seasonal approach would be a success for a fewTLP servers, not just a PVP one. Some people just like early EverQuest.

What class would I pick for a new PvP server though? Probably a Paladin