What’s it like on test?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kobos, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Kobos New Member

How is the population, raiding, grouping, etc? Any info is greatly appreciated
  2. Kobos New Member

I’m a returning player. I have a few 110 level toons on FV . Need a refresher and deciding if I should roll a new toon to get bearings back.
  3. Shanarias Augur

Test is what it is. VERY friendly players, and the economy is...basically nonexistent. You can get basically unlimited plat, if it is in your main bank or on your character when you copy it, it is there on Test. My experience is that Test is by far the friendliest server.
    Marope likes this.
  4. Marope Lorekeeper

Test is extremely friendly, there are only a few raiding guilds (primal brood - having the highest player count), but they only raid TBL and lower content because the player count on test is on the low side.
    There is now economy, if you want an item you simply ask in general chat and someone will provide to you if they are online.
    There is no need for plat also, if you need plat again ask in general, just be careful you might get more then you'll ever need :)
    The general chat on test is more like a guild chat than a general chat, everyone helps each other.
    The only problem with test is lack of players.
    One thing most people don't realize with test is that, if you are a free to play, on test you have the same access as a paid player, the only thing (Daybreak/Darkpaw games) ask in return is for players to report bugs in order to keep the game as free of defects as possible and in return you have free access like a paid player on test.
    So if you decide to play on test make sure to use the /bug every time you find a issue with the game.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

I’m not sure I agree it’s the friendliest but the broken economy does make people more generous.

+You also get all Vet. AA on test which is nice.

-Its prone to having more bugs. Sometimes instances will be down for ~a week at a time.

Test can be fun but I’ve found I prefer Live servers more between Live having more reliability and a real economy.
  6. Mokai Journeyman

I think it also has an exp bonus. Can anyone confirm this?
  7. Mokai Journeyman

I found this old info:

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/49707-Perks-of-playing-EQ1-Test-Server

PERKS

• Full content unlocked including all expansions (equivalent of paid subscription on live servers + expansions free).
    • You can make up to 8 characters per account on Test.
    • No limitations on Mercs, so as a F2P player you can get the journeyman mercs on test (you have free Gold Membership)
    • Test Server is always ongoing, so never wipes.
    • Test receives all new content and expansions weeks before regular servers.
    • Serverwide DOUBLE EXP! This applies to LOTD & Hotzones as well so you can effectively get 8x EXP!!
    • Ability to copy over ANY existing toon from ANY server by logging in and typing /testcopy! The only limit is once every 8 hours, so just keep copying over an alt with all your cash and special items on it and you will never have cash problems in game [IMG]
    • Leveling is really fast, you actually see your EXP bar move when you kill stuff (not like days of old when it took 3 days of hardcore playing to get 5% EXP, lol)
    • Ability to instantly level any new level 1 character to level 25 will a full suit of armor and all spells/songs for that class by typing /testbuffme.
    • Immediate unlock of ALL veteran reward AA's. Your account doesn't need to be from 1999 to get all of the beneficial veteran AA's!
    • Decent sized player activity results in enough people on to usually find a group but not so many people on that certain things are perma camped.
    • There are raiding guilds on Test.
    • Multiboxers are welcomed and not harassed.
    • You can be power leveled from level 26-100 in 1 day by friends or guildies.
    Marope and Shanarias like this.
  8. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

I play on test and love it, I can vouch for it being the friendliest server! I’m an EU player but never struggle to find someone to chat too or invite to a group

If you decide to pop over gimme a shout there or on discord (I’m fairly active in the test channels).
    Marope likes this.
  9. xxGriff Augur

I am not sure an "economy" is or should be used as a metric. Test is, well a test server. the lack of plat sellers/PL spam and fixation on loot/gear and such is rather important to ability to actually test some content, missions, tasks etc. You can /testbuff to lvl 25 and begin there with a perm XP bonus on Test or you can of course /testcopy you char from a Live server over and use those. there can be issues that arise, the one pointed out (Instances) was around for some time, it was addressed by Dev's, it reasserted itself couple weeks back and was again fixed for us. basically, it is a more laid back server, with people willing to assist, and many have a great knowledge of the game and willing to answer questions for returning players, new players and some old timers that...well, forget occasionally ;) if you wish to kick some dust off and learn the game, or simply wish to try/test strategies, its a great place. You can check it out, and see if it offers what you want, and time to get ur skillz/chops back and move on to Live or like me, continue to sub several accounts, and occasionally log into Live but, spend the lions share of my time on Test. where I am comfortable, and enjoy the community. its a open door with no cover charge! if its not to your personal tastes, You have MANY options to choose from.
    Marope and Shanarias like this.
  10. Marope Lorekeeper

Cheers Griff
    Shanarias likes this.