Tofs First floor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Feb 12, 2020.

1. enclee Augur

But Q4 earnings report and end of fiscal year sales...
  2. Evertrek Augur

i love tofs, was the only fun place a cleric could solo back in the day.

i just did keys with a new necro on live last month. he was in the pit all the time i was carefully pulling the rooms on the first floor. no clue how i didn't agro the pit in the middle but he was there.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm... the guys probably work serious overtime getting the expansion ready. Ideally the workload shouldn't require overtime and such officially or unofficially but we all know how that goes. And Darkpay/DBG wants to let the guys go on vacation as soon as possible. The soonest date is after the expansion is done and in time for seasonal vacation plans. I know we all forget it at times but the game devs are human too :)

Ideally Darkpaw should bite the bullet get extra help so they can do a early November or late October release then have the devs around for bug fixes before letting folks off for Christmas holidays.

I agree that the the cycle should end with at least a month to do bug and difficulty levle fixes but not sure who gets to decide this.
    enclee, Yinla and Sancus like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hotfix is happening! Thank you for your hard work Pip and team!
  5. MelediWeaver Journeyman

On the plus side... we finally got the Storm boars quest done. Hoping the keys are fixed soon.. the earring is a thing.
  6. enclee Augur

I don’t think anyone is advocating working through the holidays. The argument centers around release dates. Ideally, an early-mid October launch which covers Q4 revenue and subscriptions from the financial aspect and 6 weeks until Thanksgiving.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Reread the post I responded to. And then you just repeated what I said about release dates :)
  8. enclee Augur

Haha yeah it was a good point that I liked and I wanted to restate it. Early Q4 release date would be ideal.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I would be highly surprised to find out that the developers who post on these boards have any kind of control over assets and schedules beyond a "suggestion box." I imagine there is a timeline that has to be followed unless there is a true emergency. Sacrificing long term gains for short term ones has never been a winning model.