Mangler expansion unlock garbage

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Indrik, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Indrik New Member

Great job, glad we are able to play the expansion. Seamless and smooth, zero frustration as a player. Fast load times. -10/10 would do again
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

I guess that's sarcasm? On Phinny we couldn't even open doors in PoK for hours due to the lag. And we had to walk uphill in the snow... both ways!
  3. Sawlt New Member

Its a mess, makes total sense to open it up at prime time, so you can get a really good traffic jam, instead of midnight and let early birds funnel through. Complete mess.
  4. Silias McKendrick Augur

The time did not matter, they should have made pok have picks, but somehow they are that ignorant after all these tlps. Same thing happened on phinny.
  5. feigntrain Elder

You mean on Phinny you were actually able to zone into PoK?
  6. Xanathol Augur

Is there anything they can do right? This is pathetic.
  7. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Find me a game that doesn't have launch problems and then there can be discussion about it being a Darkpaw specific issue and not an MMORPG's in general issue.
  8. Indrik New Member

What did they launch? This is the same code from previous TLPs and it just unlocks the expansion to open the access to the zones. Having years of "practice" doing this on TLPs should lead to improvements in the process.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Least you guys have PoTranq set to have picks.
  10. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

It's the same issue all games have. Mass numbers of people all trying to go to the same spot in the game at the same time. Lag, crashes, and the server becoming unresponsive is what happens in literally every game I've ever played under these same conditions.
  11. Mrjon3s Augur

Since Phinny this is what always happens. Same thing happened on coirnav and selos. Always tell people don't take the day off it doesnt release till 12 and it always lags taking up to 3 or 4 hours to zone into Tranquility.
  12. Dresden Journeyman

It wasn't even that bad it was like 3 hours. while you idiots were clicking away getting dced I picked up 3 lvls in the deep. We all knew it was coming. Prepare better
    Tymeless and Yinla like this.
  13. johnnyz New Member

screams in neckbeard
  14. Pappasalt Augur

I was having a great time on Selo while all this was going down, gratz on PoP lag!
  15. Abyssmul New Member

Literally truth!

While everyone was whining about pop launch and lag, we were grinding levels in GE. Burned our banked AA on pop era crap and hit 63 in less than time than the rest of my guild could get enough people into PoK to form a group.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. sumnayin Augur

I've played dozens of MMOs since I played UO from the week it came out back in the 90s...I can name dozens of "launches" that didn't have major issues....how about you name some big releases that had major problems since it is so prevalent in 2020...
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'll take that bet. Name me 24. go
  18. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Oooo Oooo I had to actually log in instead of creeping to demonstrate.

Easiest one, wow classic, waiting in queue 6+ hours to log in and then so many people in starter areas it was impossible to get anything done..... pretty much exactly like this.

And then there was FFXIV stormblood a few years back where we had raubahn extreme, which was basically a quest npc that started a scenario, but the instance servers couldn't handle all the people entering at once so the servers literally formed lines of people waiting to get into this scenario.

Or for more relevance, how about every progression server once pop has hit, experienced this same thing on phinny, agnarr and selos (never played on coirnav).

Maybe not 24 examples but still, those are the top 2 MMOs out there right now and it happened recently in both of them. To expect anything less is foolish.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Eventually.
  20. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Well I can pretty much say every single popular game that released from 2000-2010 had major issues but if we are going to call those too old to be relevant I can give recent examples.

Archeage on original release and the recent Archeage relaunch - Original Archeage had a que so long that people couldn't play the game for a week. Including those who had pre-bought the game with founders packs. Constant lag inside the game if you were able to get in and constant crashes.

League of Legends still to this day has major issues if at any point the game goes down and is brought back up, with long que's and games crashing for hours after it's brought back up.

Wow classic on launch. Not only did it have massive que times but in game was extremely laggy, constant crashes on many of the more populated servers. Every week on horde side on Herod there is so many people in the horde city waiting for ony buff to go out, that it causes ony buff not to go out for hours after the head is turned in and this has been true even up to a week ago. How about their BWL launch yesterday where the #1 guild APES literally lost the race because they couldn't even zone in.

If you are a frequent viewer of twitch, do I really need to list out pretty much every single popular multiplayer game that has been released over the last few years or had expansion launches? At least for the first few hours of every one of them you are watching streamers either sit at the login screen unable to get in, or getting in and crashing.