Best Zone(s) in EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

Since we have some down time ... Whats your favorite zones ?

PoK - Who doesn't love the ability to portal to all those places with having to hitch a ride.
    Vex Thal - Sucked to raid but so many unique clickies. Farmed that zone for YEARS.
    PoTime Raid - Got to kill all those gods - EQ was at its peak population.

Anguish - Epic 2.0's !

TBS Group missions - I really like how they did the rewards for the group missions which had a base reward that would slide 50%-200% depending on how often it was done. Super easy over farmed missions quickly dropped in value making the harder/longer missions worth significantly more. The group coin could be traded and would buy up decent gear.

RoF - I liked how they released it in stages and it had a lot of interesting zones. Also had group/raid 'class' weapons that were great. Hell the bard version is still worth doing.

Plane of War - Lots of goodies. Took more than a single group to farm.

Dino Island - Loved that zone. Lots of different creatures and quests. Good XP.
  2. Anatta Undead New Member

Nostalgia, but I spent weeks in the following zones: Everfrost Peaks, Highhold Keep. I later visited Icefall Glacier and found it to be an awesome zone. Blightfire Moors is a very, very unique zone with multiple landscapes I always recommend folks go explore the zone. It had a great amount of quests in it too!
    Caell likes this.
  3. Yimin Augur

House of Thule for the Art work !

Ever Frost Peaks cause that the first zone I was ever in as a Barbarian Shaman, I always go back there and for some odd reason it make me happy lol

Lower Guk was my first raid when I was 11 years old holds a special place for me ...I was so scared id mess up the raid hehehe ...Now that I am 31 I only play part time now .

YiMin
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

One that can be logged into. Feeling grumpy ATM.
  5. Snack Augur

Lower Guk is probably my favorite. Hours and hours and hours grinding away...
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Plane of war.. flat out thee single best zone ever created in everquest.

Best clickies of its era ..

Actually challenging content in its era ..

Group content mechanic's that still make it challenging with out a real tank.

Still some of the BEST clickies in game ..

an actually inventive way to keep track of faction ..

And the chest board event.. FRIGGEN AWESOME ! ! !
  7. Tyche Elder

I've never even zoned into PoWar never felt a need. Reading this makes me feel like I've missed out on the greatest thing EQ has ever made. So, thanks sooooo much for that.

One of my favorites was Ashengate. I used to group with friends on a weekend night and just move through the wings raking in exp and chit chatting.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Ashengate was really badass too