Is a New Anniversary Zone Confirmed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morigaine, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Morigaine Elder

I have seen a lot of commentary about which zones would make for cool new anniversary zones but wanted to ask was a new zone confirmed to be coming by the development team?

As someone who loved GMM, I am definitely excited about it but don’t remember ever seeing a confirmation in writing and wondered if this was just player speculation about anniversary content.

Thanks
  2. Sancus Augur

No, there hasn't been any official indication of what the anniversary will bring. There was a tier of non-visible gear on beta labeled 21st Anniversary, just like GMM had.

I'm personally skeptical that we'll get something with the scope of GMM. The GMM raids were tested by a couple of guilds during TBL beta, and the zone files had existed for years. I believe every zone that has had zone files patched is already utilized, and launching multiple raids without any raid testing seems somewhat ambitious.

I would not be surprised to see something similar in scope to HH Sebilis as part of the anniversary, as I think that more closely matches the resources they have. It might be a copy of an existing zone that's persistent rather than a temporary level-up of an existing zone, but I'd bet against a graphical revamp or extensive quest/raid content comparable to GMM (one raid seems plausible).

That's just speculation, though. Other than the tier of gear we don't have any solid indication of what's coming.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I agree with Sancus. The 20th Anniversary was a special milestone. GMM won't be the norm.

I can see a HH zone on the top end. (Any Velious zone).

A raid and/or mission on the mid end. (Captain Krasnok raid, Hate's Fury).

One or two missions on the low end.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

21 is special too!

EQ can now legally drink!
    Goburs, Fanra, eqgamer and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I'm pretty sure EQ has been hitting the parents' liquor cabinet for many a years now. I mean … have you seen some of the pathing in this game?

HH zones are usually pretty good sized and I'm not sure any not used in ToV actually fit the bill. Velks would have made a great HH zone IMO (with NO lev), but wouldn't want another version so close to ToV.

Here's just hoping if there is a raid, the debacle that was the HH Seb Trak raid is remembered. Anniversary content that no one wants to do while current isn't good.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Winnowyl like this.
  6. svann Augur

I predict: a new charm aug!
    Goburs likes this.
  7. Triconix Augur

We literally just got one with the release of the ear quest.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Skyshrine could fit the bill. Some other possibilities could be Dragon Necropolis and Sleeper's Tomb.

I think everyone's on track with the predictions though, it won't be quite as big/in depth as GMM was but we're probably getting some type of revamped zone to play around in.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I can confirm I don't know.
    svann likes this.
  10. enclee Augur

It’d be great, if we could see more zones like PoWar and GMM that didn’t make it in for their intended expansion.
    eqgamer likes this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Siren's Grotto HH zone for the win! :D

Edit: Seriously, it would be cool to see a Hardcore Heritage Plane of Growth!
    eqgamer likes this.
  12. Saelemdar Journeyman

HH PoHate, updated Marsinger quest.

or

HH GoD, updated BiC. Although really, that would be a whole expansion.
  13. Barbwarrior Augur

Sleepers tomb will be unlocked soon
  14. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Solid choices, I would love to see a new DN or ST, DN would be epic for exping in.

PoGrowth would be sweet too.
  15. bortage spammin lifetaps

Plane of Mischief with a mission to do the puppets as a buggy cobbled-together wreck of an event
    Kaenneth and Goburs like this.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

There are a few good group zones I’d like to see made into Hardcore Heritage revamps.

Bastion of Thunder is a good one in my opinion. Tons of named mobs, four tower minis that are a bit harder than a named mob, four tower bosses that were designed for multiple groups and 1 boss. Plus some keying to do and various themes to keep it different.

Riftseekers Sanctum I think is another good one to try out. Fire and ice themes, 2 minis bosses designed for several groups and 2 big raid bosses.

Ashengate and Frostcrypt are also great dungeons that would make for a good Hardcore Heritage choice if you have time to do 2 zones.

I think it’s time to look beyond the first 2 expansions for hardcore heritage revamps. Plenty of good dungeons out there beyond just classic, kunark and velious.
  17. Orbital101 Augur

Najena files kept getting updated since the last 2 years or so...
    Goburs, eqgamer and feeltheburn like this.
  18. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

TLP?
    Sancus likes this.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is actually quite sobering. My god I have been playing this game for a long time.
  20. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

On twitter Bristlebane has dropped a few hints about being forgotten this expansion. I asked if maybe he was part of this years anniversary. He liked my comment and replied maybe! So could possible be something there
    svann likes this.