Safe Fall

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have a level 110 rogue whose Safe Fall has been stuck at 474/480 for a very long time. I have tried several spots (Nexus Spires, Erudin ledge, etc.) with no increases for several hours. So, any suggestions? Or is the rate of increase just REALLY slow?
  2. svann Augur

I think you need to fall far enough to take damage. Try OT.
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

You don't technically have to fall you can do it while on levi if you just use the end key (may be different on yours but i think that is the default) to go down and hit the ground. It doesn't even have to be very far. Find any hill that is steep EW works pretty well and just run up and down the hills to GD or Kael.
  4. Zvenn Just an old monk

running off the ledge in erudin to hit the teleporter to take you back up on the ledge and just hit auto run was the easiest way i found to do it...takes a little practice to get it lined up right but once you do its pretty easy skill ups
    Mukkul and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

I will try the levi. trick. I tried the Erudin thing for quite a while and got no skillups. The RNG perhaps. In any case, I will try again.
  6. GoneFission Augur

The stairs from Alaris to beast’s domain are good for safe fall also.
  7. Greymantle Augur

Stairs in POK up to the library. And the spiral stairs in Alaris are good.
  8. Thunderkiks Augur

Drop your FPS down a bit. I usually set mine around 80 when working safe fall. Erudin is my favorite spot too.
  9. Saelemdar Journeyman

Just run around Dagnor's Cauldron. That'll do it.
  10. Mukkul Augur

My Safe Fall took 11 minutes to go from 463 to 480. Erudin is the place. Vah Shir is the illusion, for character size.
    As someone else said, you may need to add lag to the scenario. My EQ is in windowed mode, then put that window in the background while you auto-run over the ledge -- you'll fall harder.
  11. Zunnoab Augur

Note that is only true if background FPS is set low. By default it is, but it's by far best to increase it if playing multiple characters (since they can autofollow correctly with it increased). I wonder if setting it lower than default will increase this effect.
  12. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

Inventory weight has something to do with the calculations for this. Go to sunrise hills and buy a standard guild hall... then put it in your pocket (not in a WR bag). Proceed to skill up like normal, but with more accompanying grunts.. but be careful about falling more than, well that's half the excitement isn't it?
    Zunnoab likes this.