Plane of Hate (2003). Best redesign ever

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galliana, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Galliana Elder

Anyone else share my sentiment that the PoHate redesign in 2003 was SOE's best ever?

- You had four progressive tiers of difficulty as you moved deeper. Very few zones do this the way Hate did it

- The design is beautiful. Someone once commented it looked like an old German city

- The Marsinger quest in GFay was a very cool, progressively difficult quest.

- Turning in T1 armor to the class trainer in PoK resulted in nice gems and exp

- Maestro of Rancor was a fun fight.

- T3/T4 inkies looked way cool

- None of that annoying All Praise Innoruuk! spam from the old plane

- Very small agro radius. You had to really try to pull a train.

- Great exp at 65.

I so miss that zone.
  2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

The only detriment was everything is raid flagged, so a 5 minute out of combat timer.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Actually one of my favorite grind spots in the 70 stretch on TLPs even at 75 it's not bad solo, specifically the lower half of the zone with the 61-64 dark elves. Low life, they don't run, seem to give more exp (raid flag maybe?), all statics with good density, named have high tribute drops. And the best part is nobody ever goes there so the camp is open with more than enough mobs that by the time I complete a loop, half of it is already repopped. Biggest negative is that if you are legitimately boxing (/follow), there are a LOT of doorways you have to navigate.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

Not sure I would call it their best. They just turned a really cool deadly raid zone into a group version of the zone. I do really like the new hate but at the same time I miss the old original one. That zone wasn't really a revamp because the new and old zones are completely different.

TOFS in ToV is probably my favorite revamp zone I have seen. I used to live in the original TOFS when velius came out but I love this new version. It has had a few bugs but still probably the best zone in ToV.

ToV has been my favorite expansion for everquest in a long time. Probably the guard exping which allows you to solo when you can't get a group is one of the best parts of it. If ToV didn't have the guards that let you solo I think the expansion would be frustrating sitting around trying to find a group.

The only issue I see with the guard soloing is alot of times it is better than grouping so that should be adjusted so you can solo if you can't get a group but it should always be better to take a group so group exp should be increased compared to it (this is an MMO, multiplayer not single player game).

EoK / RoS just doesn't have the same feel as the original one but this new velius has given me similar feeling to the original just missing the second half which I hope comes out next expansion.
    kizant likes this.
  5. Endorek Lorekeeper

This sounds a lot like exploting…. if not for the exploiting it would be frustrating sitting around trying to find a group...
  6. Siddar Augur

So what are we talking about here? The second floor of hate being added or the entire zone revamp? I don't remember the exact dates when those went in. I would say I like original zone with second floor added much more then the revamped zone.
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

The revamp was a great zone for single group but sucked for raids. The original version was what I want from an old school raid, risk and terror. I am glad they at least readded the original hate for that one inny raid.