Info Needed Mission: Audience

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ashian, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Ashian Augur

I know this is a bug report, but I'm going to be a little cryptic in the description to avoid any spoilers.

In the mission Audience, I summoned the NPC and the quest updated appropriately. After doing the proper trigger, the entire group was instantly slaughtered (whoever scripted this will know why). By the time we came back into the zone, the quest NPC had despawned. We dropped the mission and attempted to re-get it, but it seems a 6 hour request timer had been started.

So now we basically have to wait another 5.5 hours before we can request the quest again, even though we didn't complete it. I'm not sure if this was intentional but i can't imagine a 6 hour request timer was the intention.
    Mithra and Kuaamil like this.
  2. Ashian Augur

Update: I went back after the timer expired to do the mission again. I was given a 6:00 lockout upon requesting. After completion, I had a second lockout that was identical to the first. Both show up on my /tasktimer list. Never seen this before and I imagine it wasn't intended.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Your slaughter and the de-spawn and lack of re-spawn is not a bug. (You may have missed things during the spam of your slaughter, but he de-spawns in that case, with no re-spawn)
    The long replay timer is not a Bug. The lore of this is: the NPC in question is NOT at your beck and call.
    You were "told" a few things over this quest. You need to pay attention to those things.

The double may be a bug? It has a request AND replay timer... maybe that got split somewhere?
  4. Ashian Augur

Ngreth,

Appreciate the response. I understand your position on this. I ended up completing the quest despite the frustration of the lockout. I would just urge you to consider the following:

I know of three people who have reached this stage of the progression. Three out of three have all failed to follow instructions the way you intended. It is very often the case that when you already know the answer to something, the answer seems “obvious,” even if there exists many possible answers to the problem. The limited data would suggest that those of us who have gone through this whole quest all reached a different conclusion as to how to complete it. Ultimately it doesn’t matter for me — I’ll never make that mistake again now that I know, so I’m really writing on behalf of the future quest go-ers.

I personally got a very good laugh out of the death touch mechanics and enjoyed it. But getting death touched is very different than a lockout despite not completing the mission. The NPC doesn’t need to be at our beck and call, but it would be nice if we could start from the beginning of the mission again when we fail. Besides, I already kicked his butt many many years ago, including his entire freakin’ family. I have half a mind to ask him to bend the knee when he sees me pass by...
    Ssdar and Yinla like this.