What's wrong with Everquest ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TWplayer, Jan 13, 2020.

1. TWplayer New Member

I don't know why Daybreak games can't allow people who lived in Taiwan to buy newest expansion.

Because Political issue ?
    You allow China buy newest expansion, but Taiwan can't.
    Is it right ?
    What's wrong with DB ?
    No more Political issue !!
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

"who lived in Taiwan" ?? This indicates you used to live in Taiwan. Did you mean to say "who live in Taiwan"? If you typed it correctly, then knowing where you live now would help. In any case, I haven't seen anything before now about folks in Taiwan being unable to play this game.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

4. Nennius Curmudgeon

I should also have noted that they offered you a solution and that was to use Steam to make payments.
  5. TWplayer New Member

Thanks for you reply, But newest expansion TOV is not available in steam.
    That's mean people who lived in Taiwan now can't buy TOV.
    The purchase page just show up error message, no credit card option, no paypal option.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Your problem originated in Taiwan. Speak to the officials in Taiwan about it. You have implied that DBG is preventing you from purchasing it when it is, in fact, the Taiwanese government that created the situation. I am still looking into the relevant Taiwanese law. My poor command of Chinese is making this more difficult than it should be.
    Herodotus likes this.
  7. GNOME_POWER Augur

The launch of the EQ in Brazil is banned in 2008.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Steam-Pay option?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bottom line EQ didn't do this. Taiwan changed their laws.

Your adding a payment source thru steam. I know a lot of folks don't click links on these forums so here are the steps:

Go To https://www.daybreakgames.com/home
    2 - Log into your Daybreak account
    3 - Click on "Membership Info"
    4 - Click "GET ALL ACCESS!"
    5 - Choose recurring membership and click "Continue"
    6 - In "PAYMENT SOURCE" section, click "Add Payment Source"
    7 - Select and click "Pay with Steam": you will be redirected to Steam login. Please follow Steam instructions then.
    8 - Once the transaction is completed with Steam, you will be redirected back to your Daybreak Games account management page.

If you have done those steps and it is still not working then you should file a petition. Should have just done that to begin with because any change DBG makes to account billing etc usually messes up the first month or so until people let them know its broke.
    Herodotus likes this.
  10. TWplayer New Member

I did everything, but not working, even steam pay.
    I already tried steam pay process, it only work on all access, not for TOV expansion
    I have no idea why. I already petition about 2 weeks.
    But DBG just simple told me, they can't do it.
    It means I can't buy expansion because my country is Taiwan.

11. TWplayer New Member

I had ask Taiwan government about this issue, They also have no idea which law cause this issue.
    they reply me that they will talk to DBG. I hope the issue can be solve.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Sorry for your problems. There is obviously something causing them to change the policy, if you can't use alternative payment options (paypal?) then you may be out of luck. Sounds very unfortunate if so.

If you can keep paying for your sub through steam, maybe time to think about buying one of the tradeable expansion packs from someone on the open market.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Zigie Journeyman

TWPLAYER,
    If the steam-pay works for you to get all access.....

Then log into which ever version...or free version of EQ you have on your main account.
    Go to the DAYBREAK MARKETPLACE in game.(orange-white-yellow DB swirl button)
    I believe you can then purchase the expansion (do a search for expansion) with marketplace $.

If you do not have enough credits from monthly logging in and claiming tokens from subscription, you can click ADD FUNDS. The options to add should be the same way you pay for re-occuring account. So if you can get all-access you should be able to use that same way, via in game not account info on website to also purchase and play.

-Good Luck!
    -Zigie
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Focuslight New Member

I come from Taiwan too,and I make sure my steam account can help subscribe Everquest membership.

But daybreak cash cant pay by steam : (no payment methods can be select)
    https://photo.xuite.net/focuslight/20488670/5.jpg

and Krono can't pay by steam too : (credit card only)
    https://photo.xuite.net/focuslight/20488670/7.jpg

that make me very trouble now...

===========================================================================

And I am a little confuse
    If Taiwan laws make DB can't support credit cards payments from taiwan any more since 1/1/2020
    But my SWTOR online accounts still walking well till now :
    https://photo.xuite.net/focuslight/20488670/6.jpg

Any different between the two online game company?
  15. CrazyLarth Augur