Rampage cheats Dual Wielders?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Izzard of Bertox, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Focused Rake's Rampage (3)
    100 CotF
    15 / 39
    10m T79
    Cast: Focused Rake's Rampage III
    This ability, when activated, causes your primary slot melee rounds to hit your target with an additional melee round for 48 seconds.
    Correct me if I'm wrong:
    This means that classes using 2H weapons are benefitting FAR GREATER than classes that CANT use 2H weapons from this Skill.

We get an additional swing of a 150ish DAM weapon where as 2H users get additional swings of a 400 DAM weapon.

The delay on todays 2H Weapons combined with todays Haste means that the bigger delay pn the 2H weapons is hardly a factor.

This is what I want.... I want Rampage to work on BOTH weapons.

Is this reasonable?
  2. Fian Augur

Normally, you just use a macro to swap to a 2h weapon to use rampage. I guess the implication is that the rogue class cannot use 2h?

Assuming the only class affected is rogue, I think the bigger issue is what is the role that you expected rogues to perform? Personally, I would make rogue the best melee damage in game - but only for a single target. I would make zerks the best AE melee damage in game. So in a parse, with lots of adds, you would see zerks leading rogues, but if you focus just on the main boss, you would see rogues leading zerks. It doesn't seem to be that way today, though, so DB has to decide whether weaker AE damage is what they want from rogues or not.
  3. Lisard Silly

4. Duder Augur

I agree, the devs should prolly just take away Rake's Rampage then since it's just unfair that rogues cant get as big of rampage rounds as zerkers and warriors. Or maybe just flatten all the classes to have all the same abilities and weapon usage. Sounds good.

[IMG]
    Celephane likes this.
  5. Zataos Journeyman

i dont know how the zerker rampage is set up but the warrior rampage is jsut 5 attacks not 48 seconds of attacks so it would seem to me that the devs already took in to account that rogs dont get 2h's
  6. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Thank you very much Zataos, I did not know this.

Duder ... you have gained a level in Troll.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I've got a fancy rampage that switches to 2h first. If you're a rogue and upset that you can't rampage with your offhand, how about we only add that ability of the other melee get backstab?
    Duder likes this.
  8. Dewey Augur

I'd be all for that. Backstab is more of a curse than a blessing. If every class had it then more importance would be emphasized on position.

Not to mention it's calculated into our dps. So it's not like we get extra dps by having it.

As for Ramage. I'd rather like to not care about it and go more into a assassin direction. More damage to one mob than multiple mobs.

Also they need to reduce the reuse of rampage for all the classes since the repoist nerf. It's getting more and more annoying killing those grey cons.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

All 3 of the pure melee DPS classes (rogue, monk, berserker) get an ability similar to the one in the OP. Basically 2 short term discs. One causes every primary attack to hit everything nearby; the other (focused) causes doubled primary attack rounds on your target.
  10. Derresh Augur

rogues have the best version, a 10min reuse timer.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

Means 'no'.
  12. Astral64 Augur

13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Different ability... Warriors don't get it at all. Zerkers is Furious Rampage.
  14. svann Augur

Tucoh and Duder like this.
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

You should try putting a non-damage weapon in your primary and parsing to see just how little damage that offhand weapon contributes sometime.
    Tucoh likes this.
  16. Poyzen Frawg Augur

After many fights with an off-hand trade skill trophy, I can agree to this.
    Duder likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I will be happy to support Rogues being able to Focused Rampage with both Weapons when I can dual wield 2x 2-handed weapons.
    Daedly and Poyzen Frawg like this.
  18. Poyzen Frawg Augur

This made me LoL.
    Duder and Skuz like this.