Incredibly Disappointed - Dear Devs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Geko, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Geko Elder

Over the last year, we have seen many iconic twink raid weapons nerfed. These are Iconic twink weapons such as North Temple of Vesh weapons and so on. You have added required levels to these weapons - some 19 years after the expansions were released.

It is very disappointing for someone like me who has spent vast amounts of time creating old nostalgic twinks to remind me of the past. I use these characters to group with low lvls and experience the past again while helping newer players return, and have a great time.

I truly wish as Devs you would reverse changes to these old weapons. And would be more than willing to help identify some of the weapons that should be reversed for nostalgic purposes.
    Forcallen, Caell, Hitty and 7 others like this.
  2. Cailen Augur

TLP's ruin everything
    Metanis, Nennius, Conq and 13 others like this.
  3. code-zero Augur

Bring back shakerpaging!
    Diptera, Goburs and Whulfgar like this.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This is 100% true. These item changes should NEVER have happened. They completely and utterly undermine the stated intent behind all of the progression servers since their inception, "to give an experience as close as possible to how it was originally playing those expansions without all of the QoL issues. Those items being useable by level 1 characters were and still are a big part to what it was like playing when those and subsequent expansions were current. Changes like these are always a bad thing period.
    Raptorjesus5, Duder and Caell like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Agreed. This is in the same vein as the HA level scaling changes implemented where HA's of the same level scale up to the highest expansion of the same era-level it was released in. So TBM HA's scaled up to EoK power levels, RoS HA's scale up to TBL power levels, and so forth. More risk for the same reward.

These retroactive design changes make me crazy. :mad:
    Zanarnar, Caell, Hitty and 1 other person like this.
  6. Alarya Augur

I agree, I loved doing the same thing on FV with the new players. However, on a positive note... I play my main a lot more! =)
  7. Whulfgar Augur

I wonder if its possible for them to make a no level restriction on item's .. server ?
  8. Evye Augur

That is a neat thought.
    Can we make everything all/all too on the server?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Fian Augur

I am just picturing a level 1 absolutely destroying content with let's say 110 gear.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. code-zero Augur

I remember when the Copper Hammer of Striking was bugged and Static Strike would proc even for level 1 characters. It would proc even if you missed and was about the fastest way in combination with a fungi tunic to get a character to level 60+
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Personally, I'd like an experiential 'TLP' server, where all rec/req levels are removed, and all expansions are unlocked... but levels are capped at 1 per day for the first 10 days, then 1 level added each week until 50, then 1 each month.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  12. Marbles Elder

@kaenneth I love that idea as well, it would be cool to see how far people could get at certain levels. Likely too much work but it would be fun!
  13. Diptera Augur

..and buffs - originally, all buffs landed on all levels, so you could be a level 1 caster with KEI :)
  14. Zanarnar Augur

Its almost like there isn't any guiding vision for the game anymore...