TOV XP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nivek, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The added time it takes to reach max level will spook them.
  2. Tappin Augur

1. Most zones have a finite amount of mobs that you can pull to any given camp before it's just a waste of time to try to get more. The experience rate a group gets will eventually level out.

2. Just because your raid geared doesn't mean you have an optimal group. If you going up against 3 berserkers, a bard, a cleric, and an SK even raid group with a less optimal group not going to be able to complete.

The assumption that a raid geared group can always earn more experience than a regular group isn't true.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  3. Cailen Augur

fixed that for yah SK's don't need clerics
  4. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

lol, you're really fixated on this max level thing. Listen, the only scenario where your assertion MAY have any relevance whatsoever if if a botter is starting from lvl 1. I highly doubt that's that's the case. At lvl 111 you can easily farm trash mobs in ToV for collectibles, TS drops, and chase loot... all of which is easily to offload in the bazaar (in the case of collectibles and TS drops) or 3rd party re-selling sites (for chase loot). Being lvl 112 or 113 or 115 in no way, shape, or form limits a bot group from achieving what is very likely their goal.

Logic. Just apply some common sense and logic.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Max level means better gear (T2+ ToV required Lvl 115 items), new spells/discs (better pets), and improved stats; all of which contributes to greater lethality. With a higher rate of kills, the odds for chase loot increases. Imagine hitting 20%+ more mobs in the same time period. This helps the botter's end goal.

Logic. Just apply some common sense and logic.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Common sense an logic .. aint so common..
    Benito likes this.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

If this was TBL and T1 zones were terrible, I would consider the merit of your argument, but it's not. With zero gear changes at lvl 111+ you can slaughter T1 zones with just marginal risk, especially if you decide to bring some outside dps and throw a second healer in with your tank.

Being slightly annoyed that you are killing slightly fewer mobs at lvl 114 than you may at lvl 115 isn't going to discourage anyone. Killing zero mobs ensures you don't get any chase loot to sell. Killing 30 mobs an hour is better than 0 per hour, and you get exp AND the chance to score an item you might fetch a few krono to 24+ krono for.

You're still living in fantasy land... and I don't know how to pull you out of it into reality.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You are conflating survivability with efficiency.

If we say the lethality is 20% higher at Level 115 (vs 111 or 113), that is 200 extra mobs for every 1000 mobs. This efficiency factor is multiplied when you consider botters are dealing with 10,000 (2,000 bonus) or 100,000 (20,000 bonus) mobs.

Botters want that efficiency.

I love how you feel the need to end every post with a personal attack when you get destroyed with every retort.
  9. enclee Augur

Doesn't matter, they'll just add more characters outside the group. The script is only defined for a particular area. They're not moving around clearing the zone. They are only clearing mobs local to the area, and EQ has long respawn timers. So, efficiency doesn't really into play if you're not going to actually be at the computer.
    Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

How often do you see a botter run more than 6 boxes? They run higher risks of detection by running multiple groups.

ToV mobs are fairly dense even in open zones like EW and GD. The respawn timer is around 10 minutes if I recall correctly.

I've seen botters pull far from their main location (predominately in FM and OT). They can adjust the script depending on the efficiency they can achieve with their power output (lethality).

Edit: Even though they are not at the computer, they want that efficiency (greater lethality basically means bonus mobs).
  11. enclee Augur

Frequently, and your last statement contradicts your original statement.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I know I have not seen more than 1 bot group in a zone on my server. I may have seen 2 groups way back in TDS on Brother Island but that's my only recollection.

How do my statements contradict? Stating the density of EW/GD does not impinge on my reference of a botter's capability of pulling (referring to less dense zones in FM and OT)? I am saying that ToV is dense enough for a local area control but botters have greater capabilities (i.e. pulling) than you give them credit for.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

What is this obsession with bot groups? I get they bother people. You aren't going to solve the problem from the forums.

Half of this thread has devolved into minutia over what bot groups do or do not prefer and how they function. The thread is about ToV XP. Bot groups have nothing to do with that. :confused:
  14. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Faster respawn timers is actually better. That means they can concentrate their killing in a smaller area, which is less disruptive and, therefore, evade detection for longer. Also, if the group (or mini-raid) is high-dps the faster respawn timers mean they can kill more mobs closer to the group with shorter pull ranges, also increasing kill rate.

I don't think you've really thought through this position you've chosen for yourself. The logic just doesn't hold up that somehow the amount of exp you get per mob is a discouragement to botters. If anything, you should be upset that the nerf to mob exp is actually impacting YOU and other people who rely upon LoTD to earn back exp lost on raids or to get that extra 10% to ding. LoTD is now less effective because exp was shifted to mission wins, which isn't modified by LoTD.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hellowhatsyourname needs me to explain every implied premise. Once I state it, he changes tact. That's how it has devolved. Lol.

As for the xp relationship to bot groups, you need to read the previous posts. The back-and-forth starts like 30 posts ago.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think I've explained my position fairly concisely and clearly. I've had to state (or re-state) every implied premise to make it so clear for you so much so that I_Love_My_Bandwidth now thinks the thread has devolved to minutia. He is right.

When my argument is clarified and strengthened, you circle back to your "opinion" and/or personal jab.

We can agree to disagree.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The XP allocations in-game have absolutely zero to do with bot groups. This thread is completely derailed an the bot topic beaten to death, resurrected, sliced, diced, stitched together, then beaten to death again.

Nothing more to be said. It's an argument between three people who all wish to be correct. Can you all agree to disagree?
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

My argument was that the xp rate can be a mechanism to prevent or deter botting (increase exposure and/or lower production).

Hellowhatsyourname's personal attacks risks locking this thread so I am content to move on from here.
  19. Groans Augur

Exactly, the reason you dont but xp pots, they are useless now.
  20. Groans Augur

Ive seen your many arguments and none of them make sense, also you have posted like 50 times, we heard you man and still disagree.