Fixed Internally Velks Rare Spawns

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cloud the Third, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

Over 200 kills and it still has not spawned that makes it rarer than evolve gear from FF... Is this correct it is less than a 0.5% chance to spawn everytime a ph pops? I am guessing something else may be going on here and the only people who have got a pop is maybe while in a pick?

I just want to know if on the server of luclin if the main static zone is it possible for it to spawn from a dev? I want to know if I am wasting my time... is it a 0.01% chance to spawn? How rare is this mob.
  2. Prathun Developer

The lowest a spawn chance for an NPC on an encounter can be in data is 1%.The rare NPCs in Velk's that are difficult to find are currently at a 1-2% chance. This will be adjusted in the monthly update, tentatively 2 days from now.
    For completeness' sake, note that we have the ability to ensure that some NPCs only spawn at day or night which can make the chance 0% at certain times of day, though this is used rarely, especially in modern content. Day/night spawns are not used in Torment of Velious Velk's.
    Also note that rare bonus spawn chance can make it less likely for non-rares to spawn, which clearly isn't an issue in this situation, but has caused issues in the past where a rare's presence on an encounter made it less likely or impossible for a non-rare of interest to spawn during certain times or on certain server rulesets.