FoS - A council divided - unwinnable?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flutegirl, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Flutegirl Journeyman

Been trying to do this raid the last few days.

I tank all 8 together. And then DPS down the 4 "bad" guys to 10%. I then try and finish them off.
    As soon as I kill 1 it respawns immediately.
    I've then just thought I'll kill 1 of the bad ones. I killed Vyth twice more and he reset immediately twice more.

[Mon Jan 28 22:31:28 2013] Vyth, Fifth Council Member coughs, 'You think you could best me so easily? I've already made my bargain with Discord. I foresaw this fate . . .'
    [Mon Jan 28 22:31:28 2013] Vyth, Fifth Council Member slips through a rift in time.
    [Mon Jan 28 22:31:28 2013] XX slashes Vyth, Fifth Council Member for 96602 points of damage.
    [Mon Jan 28 22:31:28 2013] Vyth, Fifth Council Member has been slain by XX!
    [Mon Jan 28 22:31:29 2013] Vyth, Fifth Council Member begins to cast a spell. <Mortal Coil>
    [Mon Jan 28 22:31:32 2013] Vyth, Fifth Council Member begins to cast a spell. <Clawing Darkness>

[Mon Jan 28 22:32:40 2013] Vyth, Fifth Council Member coughs, 'You think you could best me so easily? I've already made my bargain with Discord. I foresaw this fate . . .'
    [Mon Jan 28 22:32:40 2013] Vyth, Fifth Council Member slips through a rift in time.
    [Mon Jan 28 22:32:40 2013] XX slashes Vyth, Fifth Council Member for 96602 points of damage.
    [Mon Jan 28 22:32:40 2013] Vyth, Fifth Council Member has been slain by XX!
    [Mon Jan 28 22:32:40 2013] Vyth, Fifth Council Member says ' . . .and circumvented it! Join the tide of Discord or be destroyed by it.'
    [Mon Jan 28 22:32:40 2013] Vyth, Fifth Council Member begins to cast a spell. <Scent of Gloom>

I know that Vyth is a bad guy - because of his spells he cast. And when i killed a "good" guy then it recent with event with "You have killed an innocent council member"

Do I need them all below XX% b4 i can kill them?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Falos Augur

I believe you have to dps the 4 bad council members down to 5 percent each to prevent them from instantly respawning, which sucks. the event is very easy at 100, i boxed it and had np survivng BUT the dps was an issue. i kept accidentally killing a councilmen before i had all 4 to 5 percent. I ended up gating out. I'm quite sure this event is winnable i just only attempted it one time then left annoyed

The problem is now they start off super weak but they do power up a noticable amount the longer the event goes on So you kinda have to use slow dps to avoid accidentally killing them early (very very easy with ripostes, DS's, etc) but still kill them somewhat quickly to avoid tanking multiple powered up councilmen.
  3. Falos Augur

Forgot to mention you can also accidentally kill the councilmen early once they hit 10 percent with finishing blow lol so there is also that to contend with, making the prospect of getting all 4 bad ones to 5 percent quite an annoying one.
  4. Filatal Augur

It is winnable, but you have to be really careful with DPS at 100. Not sure what all classes you can bring to this, but Finishing Blow will be a problem. Likely need to get them down to 10% then let damage shields or pets take over getting the bad ones down close to 3-4%. Even lower if you safely do it. Then wipe all 4 out as quickly as possible.

A similar problem raid is the Solteris raid Stalwart Defenders where you have to balance 2 then 4 then 8 mobs until they split. I'm sure there are others I haven't encountered yet that can cause problems for those of us that missed the expansions when they were current but go back and try them for the experience.
    eepok likes this.
  5. Tutankamen Augur

As of 1/8/2020 it pretty much seems bugged. Unwinnable. I've done it perfectly with a friend and it just resets.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

N-n-n-n-necro Thread!
  7. Nniki Augur

I completed it successfully with a couple others sometime in 2019 just before the ToV beta started up.

We had to kill them all immediately at the same time, which didn't seem quite right; otherwise, the event just kept going. I have no recollection of how it behaved when it was current, but I'm pretty sure there was like 10 seconds to kill them all, but when we did it, it appeared as though there was no leeway whatsoever (even at extremely low health).

I noticed this with the skeletons in the Frozen Nightmare LDoN as well when I helped a friend with his rogue epic not long ago. It didn't feel the same. I could have sworn there used to be more time... again, like 10 seconds... to get them all dead when I did it years ago farming my Frosty Gem of Enhanced Protection (when I'm pretty sure it took me a couple seconds to cycle through and finish each of them off). I was only able to do it the more recent time when a single AE killed all of them at once... if it killed three and I had to do even one attack to kill the fourth, they'd respawn.
    svann likes this.
  8. Tutankamen Augur

Well the LDoN adventure is very different in that all you have to do is avoid killing the skeleton by mistake... this event is different. The description of the event indicates you should have a minute to kill them all (at the same time). I've seen posts indicating its 15 seconds- I've actually managed to kill them all in 10 seconds or under, and it's still failing. So I think it's bugged now or something.
  9. Ashian Augur

I beat this mission as well before ToV launch. Took me hours to figure out how to beat it and then not screw up. I used an SK pet to damage each of the NPCs down and tanked without a damage shield and avoiding ripostes. Super, super annoying, but managed to get it done. Took all the mobs to 1-2% and then just slaughtered them within a second.
  10. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Best way would prolly be to no dmg/no DS tank, unmodified or low level DD dmg to take the bad ones down to like 50%, then have a necro drop their unmodable aura to murder them simultaneously
  11. Thundersnake Elder

In my experience you have roughly 3-5 seconds to kill all the bad council members from 1st kill to last. Some might find they have a bit more leeway. 110+ it's possible to just pop discs get them all to around 75% then hit AoE smash them all down in 3-5s in 1 go. Much like Scornfire said is use No dmg Primary with no DS until you're ready to kill them. Finesse and timing are key. I've done this event in the last 2 months on Test as well as on Miragul.
  12. Nniki Augur

It's not really all that different. In the LDoN raid, you need to cycle all four skeletons to the red model before you can kill them (and thus, as you said, avoid killing the incorrect skeletons by mistake as you get them all cycled). But, after you have them all to the red model, it's the same idea. If you don't kill them together, they continue respawning and cycling to a different type of skeleton. Just like the council raid, there should be a small amount of time available to kill them all individually, but there isn't; they just respawn right away, so it requires you to AE them all in one shot.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Rather than starting a new thread he posted in an old one that the problem is still occurring?

Isn't necro'ing the thread the right thing to do? Don't we tell people to search for information on the topic before they make a new thread?
    Naturalist and MasterMagnus like this.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No.
  15. enclee Augur

Wrong.
  16. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Necroing a thread is almost never the right thing to do.

If there is valuable info in the old thread you can refer to it with a link. Or even quote specific posts that are important without all the other junk getting in the way.

But every rule has exceptions.
    There is the occasion where one thread is the consolidated, most important place to post something.

So the correct answer, of course, is: It depends on the situation.
  18. Naturalist Lorekeeper

If the forum did not want threads to be necro'd they would close replies to threads after a set time period (while still allowing links to view the information on said thread). So that's on them, and would be easy to change if they in fact really did not want old threads to be necro'd.

Seems more like an unwritten forum quest rule. If it adds important information or updates current status of the particular issue then I'd say it's fine.
    Vumad and MasterMagnus like this.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

More like, it hasn't been a big enough problem that they've needed to change the default setting. It's usually not a good idea to try and attribute intention to a lack of action.
  20. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

OP, don't listen to the whiners. I appreciate it when someone bumps a thread if it still has relevant data/information and the issue is still a problem. Thanks for not creating a duplicate post unnecessarily.