Beta Closing. Good Fortune to all Guilds on EGL for ToV!.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Lisard Silly

with the closing of Beta, Wish Everyone who practiced and or help tune the events Good Fortune come expansion launch. hope to see more then 12 guilds beat the expansion this year! (and more guilds who haven't beat TBL yet being able to go back and finish that expansion up!!)
  2. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Let's hope not, only thing worse than time gating is time gating raids aimed at casuals.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

If you have any expectations for the first tier or 2 of raids to be anything but (comparatively) easy raids, you're gonna have a bad time.
  4. eqgamer Augur

Wait, Does this mean that we expect it to be hard and it wont be? Your comment is confusing to me haha. No offense. It's early and had a flat tire this morning. And no coffee. And I don't want to be at work.
  5. Ashian Augur

The lower tier guilds send their thanks for the easier raids this year after some punishing ones in TBL :)
    eqgamer and Elyssanda like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

It's a South Park reference to say that you'll be surprised and disappointed at the results. In this context it means that T1/T2 are a cakewalk.

From what folks were saying, all of the ToV raids (including T3) are mechanically easy and with manageable damage levels. But there was an idea kicking around to have some kind of graduated tuning of the T3 raid such that the mob damage (and maybe HP) would be simply doubled and reduced by 5% each week, and then whenever the first raid force beat it it'd be locked at that % for a few months and then nerfed by 5% to its original form later. This would give a real battleground for raiding forces to compete instead of having them all separated by whether they tried to take time off work at 9AM on a Wednesday in March or whatever.

We'll find out what DBG has planned in a few months, I'm hoping they do something to make the raids challenging. Without difficult raids pretty much all the effort raiding folks have put into building up their characters over the last year is useless. It'd be like training hard all year for a race only to find it's a 500 meter drink & dash, sure you're in great shape, but to what end?
    eqgamer likes this.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

It depends on what your "end" is. Is it to see end-game content? You're fine. Is it to get end-game gear? Win. Is it to measure your eeee-peeeen and virtual, imaginary character against someone else's virtual, imaginary character to determine who is "better" at a video game? Maybe rethink a few things lol.
    Elyssanda, eqgamer and Tucoh like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

You make a very good point. From EQ's start the end-game raids of Vox, Nagafen, Plane of Fear etc were serious and threatening places that inspired fear among the entire playerbase. This brought depth to the game by creating a goal for the players to achieve only if they worked hard to build their characters and play them properly.

But maybe that time is passed and EQ should finally ditch that model and embrace something more modern and equal? For me personally, the only rewarding content is difficult content I have to work hard to beat and I think the final raid in an expansion should absolutely be a challenge, but I get that many people disagree and I don't begrudge them that opinion.
    Daedly and Elyssanda like this.