Raid Coins on TLP'S

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Numiko, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Machen New Member

There is, if you have all the current content on lockout and your mains are not fully geared with the old stuff.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Live:
    Expansion Unlock Speed x1.0 (annual)
    XP rate x1.0
    Raid Loot rate x1.0
    Raid Currency rate x1.0
    Instance Timers 1.0
    Rare Spawns 1.0

Phinigel:
    Expansion Unlock Speed x4.0+ (12/8 weeks)
    XP rate x1.0
    Raid Loot rate x1.0 (underfoot excepted)
    Raid Currency rate x1.0
    Instance Timers 1.0
    Rare Spawns 1.0

Selo:
    Expansion Unlock Speed x12.0 (monthly)
    XP rate x2.0(?)
    Raid Loot rate x1.0
    RaidCurrency rate x1.0
    Instance Timers x0.5 (faster unlocks)
    Rare Spawns 2.0

I think the way that servers which unlock expansions faster warrants reconsidering the whole approach taken thus far, it really has been a case of doing as little as possible to make them function as a faster trip to live.

A much more logical approach is that while the game is in classic there are a whole ton of improvements that make the progress a huge amount faster than the live servers were.

At some point however the impact of all those changes begins to lessen, it's not a sharp change it's a gradual one, but I genuinely feel that by the time a TLP has reach the era of raid currencies the impact from changes to the live game have lessened to a huge degree so much so that I think it will moving beyond that point with no change to the current philosophy start to negatively affect guilds who wish to remain current.

Yes current is a subjective term but players who raid do want to be able to complete content "IN ERA" which is another subjective term but simply means they want to be able to complete the content & be adequately levelled, AA'd & geared to accomplish that with a reasonable degree of success & farm it some to gear up prior to the next expansion unlock..

If a TLP has 4x the unlock rate then by Underfoot some changes to a TLP would be reasonable.

2x raid loot (along with a bit longer timer to assign loot before it expires & gets dropped on the corpse)
    2x raid currencies
    2x xp
    2x AAXP
    2x evolving item XP (this isn't a current concern, but it will be moving into later expansions)

Unlock timers are fine as is, rare spawns being twice as frequent would also be a good change.

why 2x & not 4x? knowledge, players know the game better, have better guides it takes less time to beat content than it did on live.

I suspect that the XP changes are resisted by devs because they don't like giving something now when they will justifiably need to take it away later, the xp on Phinny which is still 2 years away from reaching the live expansions would be raised now & their worry is players will then complain like hell about later when it gets tuned back down - though by then players would then have a full 12 months to use the live xp rate rather than at most 12 weeks to use the double xp.

I genuinely think players are generally fairly mature & can handle their server having twice the xp up until it reaches live at which point it gets tuned back down to live rate.

There are a lot of AA & gear requirements for raiding between RoF & Live and bridging that gap should be given due consideration & can be done much better in my opinion.

Even if most of my suggestions are discounted out of hand the Raid Currency system is a very simple & flexible way to test the waters & see the impact of changes and gauge the outcome objectively, increasing the raid currency assigned to each player per raid to 2x the live rate is not an unreasonable request on a server moving at 4x the speed towards live.
  3. Raytheon Augur

In what universe? Ragefire/Lockjaw started 7 months ahead of Phinigel, and they are currently 5-6 expansions behind.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

In summary, accelerate expansions even further once they reach the year long expansions. Increase rates of rare named spawn, EXP, raid drops and raid currency awards.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

Ragefire and Lockjaw are the anomaly, not Phinigel. Ragefire and Lockjaw had 6 month unlocks, the only servers ever to do so, until Phinigel was well past them. Now, Ragefire and Lockjaw are fairly close to Phinigel, slightly slower because of the time it takes for the vote and the time it takes to beat the expansion. As we get into the longer flagging expansions, Ragefire and Lockjaw will slow down further. But both Ragefire/Lockjaw and Phinigel are based on roughly 3 month unlocks.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Looking at Secrets of Faydwer coming to Selo in February got me thinking about this thread. Unless things have changed, each raider will need a drop from the 5 t2 raids, getting 12 per kill. At 3 day respawn and 4 kills (this is for a full raid force, might be able to make do with 3 kills) that is 12 days minimum. Then the same when defeating MMM, another 12 days. So unless you are able to clear the raids as soon as the lockouts are up, and can defeat everything in MMM on your first day, you aren't going to be able to step foot in Crystallos raids before Seeds opens up.

If they changed it so only the requestor needs the full flag to spin up MMM and Crystallos instances, would make things a lot smoother.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

Selo has long needed double drops on raid encounters, and this is only further proof.

Someone's going to come in and say "but the top guild can manage it in time, know your place", that isn't the point, the point is the developer intended pace of the server. It would match better if there were double loots.

For previous expansions it's simply been dealt with by not even close to a guild being fully geared by the time the next one opens, but this is different.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Pikollo Augur

I like this idea personally. I'm sure the original idea was to create a choke so the expansion last longer for raiders. With expansions unlocking every month (on Selo) it will be extremely hard to stay in current content which is what the higher Selo guilds seem to enjoy doing. Having to hardcore raid kind of defeats the "casual" aspect of the server. Increasing the amount of drops/currency per raid also fits in with the fast paced theme of Selo. I'm not saying you should be able to equip a full raid in a few weeks. But some bonus loot would keep guilds caught up as they get ready for a new expansion. Not to mention it may help some smaller guilds get caught up.
  9. Brumans Augur

*should have