Class-Specific Things to go Back For

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lenuvas, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Nniki Augur

Although you can apply all three of these, they aren't additive (SPA 220), highest damage takes precedence (I've tested them before):
    If you cast one of these (SPA 418) before greater jann, you'll get an extra 1 dmg :rolleyes: (It blocks them if you try to cast afterwards):
    These familiar effects overwrite each other.
    Bard and beastlord synergy is SPA 418. It'll stack with the 220 effects but not with the 418. It takes precedence over the familiar effects listed above.
    Svann2 and menown like this.
  2. p2aa Augur

As it has been said, don't go back doing war epic 2.0, the 800 HP bonus means nothing in today's game, and the 20 % increase chance to resist spell won't work in today's game with spells that are nearly all unresistable.
    On the other way, yay Anguish BP is very much used today, and is a nice tool to use in part of your mitigation rotation in waiting of the refresh of your defensive disc.
    I will add to this list :
    Warrior only stuff :
    Fortitude
    Furious
    Brutal Onslaught
    Mighty Strike Discipline
    Champion's Aura
    Commanding Voice
    Other stuff :
    Diplomatic Papers
    Violet Conch of the Tempest
  3. Derka Power Ranger

Too late to edit my 5am mistakes so reposting.

Ranger class specific: 2.0, Anguish BP

Spells:
    Blusterbolt Rk. III
    Vinelash Assault Rk. III
    Pureshot Discipline Rk. III (unless ToV has an upgrade)
    Reflexive Nettlespears Rk. III
    Silent Shot Rk. III
    Ro's Burning Cloak Rk. III
    Quick casting DD clicks but now obsolete pretty much:
    Petrified Heartwood Linked Shirt
    Darkened Tolan's Darkwood Vambraces (still want these)
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I agree the 2.0 click is kinda junk, but it's one more click where most of them are kinda junk. I really can't see a reason to ignore it.
    If anything, Commanding Voice is one to ignore. It's less useful than any modern shoulder click (and does not stack).

The Necrotic fingerbone is sorta useful as a small self heal (life tap)
    That lifetap proc item (blooddrinkers coating?) from CoTF is very useful.
    RoS+ breast plate has a pretty sweet click on it.
  5. Szilent Augur

This is incorrect
  6. p2aa Augur

I gave you the reasons to ignore it.

Very wrong. It stacks with the shoulder clicky, 1 spell / 1 worn item.
  7. MelediWeaver Journeyman

For a wizard, Splinter of Potency out of CoTF
    For a cleric, Ancient Opal Spellcharm
  8. bortage spammin lifetaps

The Lady's Entreaty for bards, lets you tash fade tash fade tash fade to ensure aoe mez lands on everything in the clump if needed

edit: sorry forgot this was class specific, this is bard and int casters, leaving this post up though because it's fairly useful
  9. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Ranger 1.0

So you can get the Epic Ornamentation for one of the best looking blades in game, Lightning Blades.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Dittos for the pally epic. Flaming swords are quite cool.
  11. Chorus Augur

Meh...can skip those for several years now. That minimal +attack it gives isn't even measurable by today's standards. You're certainly not going to replace the haste songs in the rotation because of it.

I guess if you're OCD and puller, you might use it for that to keep 100% haste uptime while you're out hunting for a mob, but groups tend to crawl now, instead of making camps to pull to so that isn't an issue these days. I'd give this a hard pass unless you happen to be on TLP and +50 attack still have value for the extra +5 dps or whatever it added back then.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Commanding voice used to knock off the myrmidons buff.
    Are you sure it is incorrect? Put up a lower level myrmidons buff and try.
  13. Nniki Augur

Myrmidon's Skill is an AA effect now:
    Szilent likes this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

So where does commanding voice fit in your list?

I believe it fits with the AA, which means it's useless since our shoulders are more powerful.
  15. Szilent Augur

it is a buff.
    Nniki likes this.
  16. kizant Augur

Amulet of Necropotence is a must for all distinguished and classy individuals.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  17. Moege Augur

Does not stack with race:gnome.
    kizant likes this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

He said distinguished and classy...
    kizant and MasterMagnus like this.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Especially good for monks imo. Skelly FD is awesome.
    Steamjet pack especially good for bards. Nothing like clicking that off while on the run.
    kizant likes this.
  20. lenuvas New Member

This is awesome guys, thanks! I had intended to update my original post with everyone's info, but I can't seem to find the edit button. Can anyone help or is there a post number minimum I need to hit to be that cool?