Curious... have the botters disappeared since the ban?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zippie, Nov 14, 2019.

1. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

I haven't seen any of the usual in Sirens lately, though I dont actively search anymore either.
  2. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Profile page says male so that should be what goes, not random forum posters.
  3. Machen New Member

Yeah. I was mistaken to refer to him as a "she." Not sure where or why I got that impression. But reading his introduction thread, he does also mention having a beard, so I am pretty confident the profile page is accurate.

My apologies to Dreamweaver for misgendering him!
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Boy aren't you going to be embarrassed if DW is a woman with a beard!! :p
    Machen likes this.
  5. Zippie Journeyman

Hold it a second... is Brasse back? Best dwarf to ever grace these forums! ;)
  6. Machen New Member

That's why the beard question came up...
  7. Grons New Member

Yes all the actual botters are still fully functional people seem to think there is only the one program put out by (m u l e) but all that stuff can be compiled by other means now and does not req m.q.2 it was a matter of time for people to find a way around him and being a snitch for daybreak lol most of the smart people doing it just stay to themselves in dz’s the dumb ones are out contesting guilds on open world content. Then you have the asian botters with their own stuff still going in sg(referring to mangler) or doing aoe pls when you message they just tell you how much $$ for a hour. Alot of people using vm’s have been caught by the registry queries they are running from eqgame.exe but im sure there are some people caught from that who did not ever load eq on a vm just simply had it running when the queries happened. What is amazing though is seeing people teleport hack openly a whole raid and nothing happen...maybe a 2nd job for daybreak employees capitalizing on second income? Wouldnt be the first time cough cough remdag
    PotatoPower likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If some of the people on these servers spent as much time as they do trying to cheat in eq to make money, you could have a real job making 10x as much with less work.
  9. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Brasse was with Rift for a while, I briefly tried the Rift progression server (really enjoyed it actually but had extreme class balance/content balance issues that made it impossible to retain population) and had a pleasant surprise reunion.

Side note: the Rift progression server was a master study in how surprisingly difficult it is to get these kinds of things right.
    Prathun and Machen like this.
  10. Sikkun Augur

That assumes running software takes work.
  11. Bot spotter Journeyman

There are 2 sirens grotto picks with 18 toons each in them all anon and both picks have been up for 2 days and 22 hours.

So, no, the botters have not disappeared.

Still running 36 toons in sirens 100% automated for 3 straight days.

Sebilis/chardok aren't much different. Just different bots. Same thing.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

How dare you.

Just a group of friends that absolutely love Siren's Grotto and having a good time while playing at work.
    Bot spotter likes this.
  13. Mr Blue Sky Elder

That didn't last long.

14. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

No, it was some stay at home Mommies that didn't know VMware was installed on their husbands' IT work-at-home laptops, and accidentally ran EQ 18 times each.
    HoodenShuklak and Alekzandre like this.
  15. Calzonae Journeyman

Thank you for reporting on this. Now I do not need to take the time to resub and check for this type of activity before feeling comfortable playing again.

These type of bot/box groups are the very reason I unsubbed 10 years ago. I came back only because I learned that there existed a true-box ruleset which seemed to imply that such activity would be held in check. Imagine my disappointment at being trained by the same player(s)/chinaman/bots/whatever in two separate instances of the same zone. The person(s) behind this has no regard for the integrity of the game or community. I can only guess at the motivation behind the playstyle.

I have been holding my breath since the suspension/ban wave to see if it would hold out or deter the activity. I do not have much hope left and have already removed myself from their bottom-line, but I am still rubber-necking.

I will concede that DBG needs to make ends meet. If the company needs to sustain the individuals piloting personal bot armies to make those ends meet then that is ok. I am willing to accept it as reality and move on to the next thing down the road.
  16. Ainthek New Member

Hey @Absor and @dreamweaver, if you guys are interested in picking up any Avatar of War loot for loved ones for Christmas, Mangler's largest bot guild has loot rights for sale in the auction channel. It's their second kill in as many days so I would expect more to be available soon. I bet you guys would get a smokin' discount off market price.
    Alekzandre likes this.
  17. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Yea would you guys focus your attention on mangler instead of other servers please since that's where all the complaints are coming from. No one cares about the sub 200 player dead servers.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Mangler will be sub 200 soon™️.
    code-zero and Kragin like this.
  19. Heartland Augur

I cheat in EQ so I have more time to make RL money
  20. Bot spotter Journeyman

Bump because this issue has not been addressed / fixed.

Lots of paying customers looking for some help... still...

Please help your actual customers. We are giving you cheaters on a silver platter and being slapped in the face in return.