Not A Bug Slow and Haste stacking rules

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Hemick, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Hemick Journeyman

Have the rules for buff stacking between Slow Spells and Haste/Overhaste changed?

Admittedly, I haven't looked at this in a very long time, but I distinctly recall when raids like Thought Horror Overfiend were contemporary, his 5% AE slow Overfiend's Fury would land, but could be counteracted by Slot 1 *only* Haste/Haste v3 buffs such as Celerity and Battlecry of the Vah Shir.

I specifically remember since I was playing a Bard, during the THO fight I would not receive the effects of McVaxius' Rousing Rondo due to its Slot 2/3/4 components, but I would receive the effects of Battlecry of the Vah Shir, resulting in only slightly increased attack speed, but increased attack speed none the less.

Today, while doing this fight on Mangler, it appears that when you are affected by Overfiend's Fury, your Attack Speed is set at 95%, even if you have both Celerity and Battlecry of the Vah Shir active on you at the same time.

I also seem to recall in this era, when you would be slowed with spells that would not stack with Haste buffs cast on you, you would lose said Haste buffs, and that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

So again I'm left wondering, have these stacking rules changed at some point? Is this possibly a bug? It feels like this may be an unintended consequence of changes made to prevent players from having to recast Haste spells when they are slowed, but I'm really not sure.
  2. Baldur Augur

Are you asking if this has changed since Luclin originally launched 18 years ago?

It probably has, but it hasn't changed recently, like in the last 5+ years.
  3. niente Developer

From what I can tell, slow/haste/overhaste stacking code (i.e. any % slow reduces haste to 0%) hasn't changed since 2003 (it may have been different before that). The stacking rules for haste/slow buffs may have changed.