DoT AA changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lovehaas the Mystic, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Lovehaas the Mystic New Member

Love this change to the extended DoT AAs in the latest patch: "AA abilities that extend the duration of damage over time spells have been changed to instead increase the base damage of these spells by the equivalent duration's worth of damage."

Has there been discussion about doing something similar to the detrimental spell effect on earrings so that people can stop having to toggle their earrings to shorten the duration of certain DoTs (necro wounds, shaman affliction and suffering)? I couldn't find any discussion in the beta item subforum, but I may have missed it.

Obviously the implementation would be more difficult than for the AA change since people would still want certain detrimental effects like debuffs extended. It would be a nice quality of life change, though, to not have an item focus effect that REDUCES your effective DPS.
    menown and Axel2 like this.
  2. Natal Augur

There are two ear slots and lots of ear items. Just use those that are relevant. The stats differences between them are generally trivial, so it is not a real impediment that requires tinkering with how the system works.
  3. Duder Augur

He's talking about removing DoT duration focus to shorten how long before the second dots that apply when Rirwech's Aflliction and Nectar of Suffering fade.

Personally, I don't think that's an issue. Either use the focus or don't, toggle your earring or don't. Don't throw more wrenches into the equation.
    Tarvas likes this.
  4. JeffHanson Augur

Isn't the change to Enchanced Decay a huge nerf to swift dots? They now last for 12 seconds (3 ticks of damage), and the increased damage does not apply to them.
  5. seber Augur

ok we will Fix all swift dots work same as Neco swift dots on raid all Fix now ????
  6. kizant Augur

After this change I'm not even sure why you have swift DoTs.
  7. Venau Augur

Stop it. Just stop. They basically Ling Death'd necros to the max? Ur killin me. I gotta log in now don't I? /sigh
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They could add earrings with a focus that blocks the impact of the 35% extension focus and adds the damage equivalent to the number of additional ticks 35% extension would’ve provided I guess?

But 35% detrimental extension focuses should work on more than DoTs, specifically on other Debuffs like charm, slow, malo/tash, ATK stuff, root, snare etc. So getting rid of that focus entirely I’m not sure would be a good idea. Perhaps change the focus to exclude DoTs and add the focus mentioned above? Half the earrings get the debuff extension and half get the DoT amplification and whatever handful are left are pet earrings
  9. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

So like if yer high and playing N stuff, and target yourself instead of the mob then you will die quicker? amirite? :D
  10. Venau Augur

You have no idea how true this is........no idea at all.........i thought I had blocked that from my memory.......thx to you it's back. Have a very ordinary day sir.

HAHAHAHA! (u really have no idea...stories) :)
  11. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Anyone who has ever ALT TAB over to a character knows how easy bouncing to the wrong target can be. Back in EOK I played my necro box more. It would be like "welp, necro dead again"... rezz up, keep going until the next death.
    Venau likes this.