Has anyone had their suspensions lifted yet?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PotatoPower, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accipiter Old Timer

Now you've done it...
  2. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

When someone calls you a liar and you know you're not a liar, what do you do? Shake their hand and try to be their buddy?
  3. Sikkun Augur

You continue to troll the troll trolling you? Doesn’t that just make everyone involved a troll?
  4. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

You're doing that hypocrite game we talked about. It's when you look for a "gotcha, you did it too" to neutralize the morality, so that anything goes and the sociopaths can do what they want. Here's the truth. I came here asking for help, I came here telling the truth. Trolls insinuated I was lying, over and over again, piled on abuse, sarcastic remarks, etc. I held up a mirror to who they are and what they are doing. They don't like what they saw and now they're saying I'm being mean and not nice, because I called them on what they are doing.

I didn't come here to talk to you people who want to debate whether we're telling the truth or not, I came to talk to people who know if anything is going on with this wave of suspensions, or even better yet, someone from DBG who can help with this. These guys think they are the jury and I am the defendant and that they get to be prosecuting attorney, judge and jury, and act out a TV crime drama where they are the star of the show.
  5. Sikkun Augur

You have heard to not feed the trolls before right? Only outcome is the thread will be locked in a little bit...so congratulations?
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I love the assumption that only having VM ware on your PC was the cause of the ban.

Everyone I know that boxes and uses any type of VM style programs on their pc is still playing with no suspensions or bans.

DBG is not going to tell you what they are looking for / at or how they are conducting their policies against possible cheaters.

If you think you got suspended or banned by accident send in a ticket or message the community manager no need to keep making posts.
  7. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

Do you think 3 days ago I said, "gee I'd love to wake up and talk to trolls on a forum all day", or did I wake up and say, "gee I'd love to bag some tasty pixels and frolic around Norrath"?

In a situation that is probably helpless, you do whatever you think might make a difference, in this case trying to get the attention of DBG staff. At the very least, the player base as a whole need clarification of the rules, because some people even in these threads have indicated they have VM software on their machines but haven't been banned (YET). Don't you think they at least deserve to know what may or may not get their accounts actioned before it just hits them and they're here in my shoes?
  8. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

How many freaking times do we have to tell you? We got an email saying "cheating". Some of us followed up for clarification. We were told by the GMs it was for PLAYING THE GAME WITH A VM, which we know we didn't do. This is not an assumption. It's spelled out in plain English in an email.

And yes you are right, people are still playing with VM style programs running on their machines. Maybe they ought to know if they're going to be the next ones whacked, don't you think?
  9. That0neguy Augur

Whats sad is most of the post were not even trolling Potato. My first post wasn't. Was stating that there was more going on then just having VM installed. But yet he lashed out anyway.

He came here for help, yet when people try to explain things to him he wants to go on a tirade.

Potato, you posted this at 10:20p PT that you hadn't heard from Dreamweaver. Then at 4a PT you start talking about sadist and other people who had not even posted in this thread. It's pretty obvious you aren't looking for help here. You already have all the answers you want and were told what to do. But DBG hasn't gotten back to you when they've only been in the office for an hour or less and that's not acceptable.

My guess reading your post in the support forum. It was not the VM on your PC that caused your ban. You logged into a guild mate's account who may have been running other things on his PC and your IP/PC got flagged doing that and suspended with it. This is exactly what happened to a lot of people who were not cheating during the last ban wave.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

Look dude, you spent all yesterday trolling that other thread and crapping on people in my shoes. Don't play innocent now. People can go back and read it and decide for themselves without you rewriting history. I stand by absolutely everything I said. I'm out. Now's the time to get your shots in and save face, I won't be here to reply.
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

At some point, the potato doth protest too much.

Take a break from the forums, maybe check out Outer Worlds, not a bad game. Come back in 4 days and hit Norrath running.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Is this something Everquest wide or on Miragul the new server? Just curious. I only heard about the ban wave on the forums haven't heard anything on my Live server.
  13. Sikkun Augur

Some people have been banned on the TLPs at least (Mangler and the new one for sure), a small number have voiced they think it was for just having VMWare installed. No one on live seems to voiced any action taken against them for anything thus far.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Polekn Augur

Probably all TrueBox servers and only TrueBox.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That would make sense.
  16. Brildon Augur

Does anyone know whether KVM software is something that DayBreak have ever commented on whether you can use it or not? A KVM switch is something that allows one keyboard and mouse to switch machine it is sending it's input to. It is not playing on a virtual machine nor is it sending a single key stroke across multiple clients.

It is however a 3rd party software, but that rule is quite ambiguous and the software wouldn't directly interact with EQ. Also players use numerous third part software while playing the game such as discord, gamparse, gina, etc so obviously they pick and choose what 3rd party software is okay.

Just curious if anyone has been suspended or banned for using something like Multiplicity or Synergy
  17. dreamweaver Community Manager

Alright, as before with So... I am locking this thread. If you have already messaged me about your suspension I am in the process of reading the messages, responding to them, and gathering the information I need. But this thread has devolved into personal attacks.
    Gabrieles and xmPradah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.