Has anyone had their suspensions lifted yet?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PotatoPower, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

Check the locked thread titled "So." There was significant outrage from many players. There were also toxic trolls there to make sarcastic comments and crap on these people and to accuse them and to desperately farm attention for their own personality disorders. When that thread was locked, the Moderator said to contact him / her if you felt you were falsely banned, to discuss it. I did. Haven't heard back. Patiently waiting to hear back. I'm hoping that other staff might get wind of it on this forum and look into it. Futile hope maybe, but I got nothing else to do to kill time right now.

I talked to the company. I petitioned immediately when it happened, asking what I had done. Got the email back saying I had used a VM. Which I hadn't. I replied immediately, stating this. Sent a picture of my setup of two desktops, side by side, with two keyboards and two mouse (I have a little table about 2 inches taller than the narrow desk, so the keyboards / mouse are about 6 inches apart). I have posted here repeatedly asking the company to look into it. What more would you like? For me to parachute into their office?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

You sound patient.
  3. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

I feel I am being patient. It's been two days since my punishment was handed out for something I did not do. While asking for help, a legion of sarcastic sociopathic sadistic trolls with personality disorders continually drop in to try and make provoking remarks because this is the kind of thing that gets them off, someone else having a bad time. So yes, if you'll notice, in response to this abuse I have not resorted to name calling, flaming, or threats, I have just patiently continued to tell the truth in the hope someone from Daybreak notices that a mistake has been made and will correct it. Yes, I have been patient.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

Hummmmm......
    Warpeace likes this.
  5. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

Are you not here to troll? Make sarcastic remarks? Are you not a sociopath or sadist who is getting off on what has happened? Are these not accurate comments? And no, it isn't name calling - I called no one a name, I identified traits of behavior. If you feel I have called you a name, you're admitting to these behavior traits.

Again I'd draw your attention to the other thread for more examples of vulture like behavior from trolls with personality disorders I referred to, who sensed human misery and went there to feed on it.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  6. Sikkun Augur

I’m not going to define significant outrage as 7 people, but maybe the EQ population is lower than I think.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

Again, your calling people names. Look, I really don't care if you do or not. Just don't try to claim that your not in the exact same post that you do so.

As for me? nope. I'm none of those things. I just work in IT and have to support end users. I know people will happily lie to you about what they did, even when you have evidence to the contrary if they think it will make the issue "not their fault". Your tone and comments make you look like one of those guilty users caught in the act and trying to make a bunch of noise to cover up the actual issue.

And old legal comment comes to mind reading your comments:
    When the law is against you, pound the facts.
    When the facts are against you, pound the law.
    When both are against you, pound the table.

You sir, have pounded the table into splinters so far...
    Warpeace, Polekn and Metapsyche like this.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Accipiter likes this.
  9. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

Your brain's been cooked by the culture. You have lost (or maybe never had) the ability to discern or to think critically. They have taught you that if you can just loosely find some way to call someone a hypocrite, whether they actually are or not, all arguments are negated, the right and wrong of a situation or issue is neutralized, and morality is destroyed. And you can do whatever you want from that point. It is a cultural sickness of the times sweeping through every sphere of life right now. This is mostly not your fault, you were brought up in this system. If you read both this and the other thread you see trolls appearing to sarcastically prod at the people who came here to get help. That is sadistic at the very least, and probably indicates sociopathy. This is not name calling but an accurate description of easily observable behavior. It indicates serious deep seated psychological problems which medicine and therapy have no way to address.

Ultimately I don't care what you think. I care what the people at Daybreak think. I trust them to act with fairness and integrity, and although others tell me I shouldn't bother, I have faith they will take this opportunity to do the right thing and redress a wrong. I will thank them if they do and give credit where it's due.

I wouldn't bother pounding a table if I had done what I was accused of. I'd take it on the chin and move on, as I did when I got a speeding ticket one time. You needn't project your own interior life upon me, I am not a sociopath with a serious personality disorder and spiritual sickness I'm unaware of - I self reflect mercilessly every day. Ask why you are even here, arguing with a player who is trying to get help, repeatedly calling him a liar, insinuating he is lying, trying to get one over on others, etc? I'll tell you why, because you're projecting. That's your morality. You think I'm doing the same thing. You don't comprehend people who are not like you. You think everyone is a snake. That isn't so.
  10. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

I'm familiar with grief. I have several reasons to feel grief at the moment. It was pretty cool to be able to log onto EQ to escape it and be able to explore that content on a TLP which I didn't get a chance to explore back in 2002, when I had to quit the game for work. Until I got falsely suspended for cheating, that was what I was looking forward to doing in the 12-18 months I have remaining on the planet.

But hey, this is an internet forum, not real life. Everything's fun and games here, if you can make someone feel worse when they already feel bad, that's just more to laugh at. Go ahead and have fun with that one too: I'm dying. Funny? Wanna make a funny meme picture if I tell you my illness? Would that give you an extra sadistic thrill?
  11. Sikkun Augur

DARVO

Deny, Attack, Reverse, Victim, and Offender.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Maybe, can I do it in MSPaint? Honestly if you ARE innocent, spamming the forums is the least likely way of convincing anyone. Wait for Dreamweaver or Remdag to tell you the suspension isn't getting lifted and come back or not in 5 days.
  13. xmPradah Not a dude

This is flawed logic, many people have numerous accounts but only play 2-3 at a time. My husband and I have at least 15 accounts, but don't sub them all at once and certainly don't need one computer for each account. When we play on live, we can play windowed - when we're on TLP, we each use individual laptops.
    I hated moving from live to tlp - I hated having to coordinate 3 keyboard/mice. I hated everything about it, until I didn't. Now - I still use my full setup even when playing on live. Plus, /follow works so much better when you're trueboxing.

I've played from PCs that have VMware installed, I think 1 or 2 of my current systems may currently have it installed now that I think about it (people never uninstall anymore). I've played from those PCs while being logged into a work VM (not playing EQ on the VM). There IS some legitimacy to the complaints people are posting here - just because VM software is installed, or even running, on your computer is not necessarily indicative of someone "cheating".
    PotatoPower likes this.
  14. That0neguy Augur

So obviously the VMware installed is just a single flag on the account for this. Since many people who have VMware installed did not get banned as well. You can say "oh they werent on during the scan" which is far fetched. You can assume DBG ran multiple scans over multiple months to collect this data.

Instead of railing on DBG that you did nothing wrong, maybe you should figure out whats different between your account that got banned and those who have VMware installed but did not get banned. There is more to the story here and more then just VMware that caused your ban.

Starting this thread again probably does you no favors and it will probably just get locked since it is already devolving.
  15. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

I'm not trying to convince YOU or the other sadistic trolls. That's impossible, you aren't interested in being convinced, you just want someone to laugh at before you move on to the next victim to laugh at. I'm not spamming the forum. This is a thread you're welcome not to read. Be my guest.
  16. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

Well hi there "Professional Game Developer".

I KNOW they don't do "a scan" thereby possibly missing quite a few people, which was alluded to in the post I was referring to. Companies aren't going to do 1 scan & call it day. They are going to do at least several, before taking action.

I'm not sure what the point of your post was, since you didn't refute anything I stated. No company is going to do "a scan" and take any action from just that. Other than my knowledge of these scans, were you trying to refute something, "Professional Game Developer"?
  17. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

You don't know how they do their scans. Your speculations are as useless as mine. You also aren't interested in the side of the story of people who were accused of cheating but weren't cheating, you made that clear in the other thread, where your personality disorder made you determined to be the center of attention and make the thread all about you, which is what trolls and malignant narcissists do. I can't help you with this disorder, nobody can.

You're one of the people I'm not interested in convincing, you're not here to be convinced. If a thread about this ban wave is something that you'd prefer was not on the forum, you are perfectly free to not click the thread and read and participate, yet you continually do, because - and do correct me if I'm wrong, my dear friend - you enjoy the drama, enjoy people suffering, and enjoy the opportunity to get more narcissistic supply for your personality disorder. That's between you and your creator, I'm glad it's not my issue to deal with.

What you and your kind don't understand is that this isn't just about the length of the ban or the fact of the ban. People with integrity - perhaps you don't understand this - do not take well to being accused of something they did not do, followed by an abuse of power. These things matter to people with integrity.
  18. That0neguy Augur

Yeah no, we cane make some pretty basic assumptions about how they do these things.

No I am not.

Now this hurts deeply. Also insulting people who are making legit posts about your situation in this thread is probably not going to help sway public oppinion. You seem to want to attack anything that is near you right now, and that is not healthy. You should get some help for that.

You really want to lay on those personal attacks. I feel you should instead reflect inwards and change those behaviors and the others that led to you getting banned.

And yet you still want to be un banned so you can continue to line the pockets of these horrible terrible people who would ban you for no reason at all and abuse their power over your..... makes sense. You are so honorable mister SJW.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

Right.

Yes, I went ahead & flagged your vehement posts in the hopes that Daybreak helps you with your "problems" you seem to be having while posting under this account.

The way you are acting in here shows everyone what type of person & EQ player you really are. You aren't helping yourself at all with these posts, you're actually making it worse.
  20. Metapsyche Augur

...specifically eqgame.exe is scanning for...

\VBoxGuest

\VBOX_

\VMware

\VBoxMouse

\VBoxService

... and some other things. :) but what do we know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.