Bard Epic QoL

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sengir, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Sengir New Member

Please, could you make the epic 2.0 instacast?.

Thanks.
    Jhinx, Rasputyn, Kairnn and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

/signed
  3. Poppinfresh Elder

Agreed. Personally I'd like them all to be instacast.
  4. Nniki Augur

Every time this comes up, I can't help but think of this... poor Elidroth.

[16:37] <Jyve> Quickened Dirge of the Sleepwalker - was recently changed to a 0.5s cast (previously instant). Would like it to be instant again unless this is no longer possible.
    [16:38] <Jyve> or was it always 0.5 cast and we couldn't see the casting bar? if so, can that be tweaked?
    [16:39] <@Elidroth> It's always been 1/2 second
    [16:40] <Jyve> then it was the casting bar we didn't see, when that got fixed we saw it? but that cast time can mess up other stuff for us. can a new rank be made instant?
    [16:40] <@Elidroth> I don't like the idea of it being instant.. the cast time is there so you have to stop moving
    [16:40] <Jyve> it's not the moving part, its the melody it can jam up
    [16:41] <Jyve> but... nm, we can continue to work around it. moving on
    [16:41] <Qulas> Bards never have to stop moving to cast, just fyi
    [16:42] <Qulas> cast times are just annoying and break melody
    [16:42] <Jyve> aye
    [16:42] <Jaerlyn> and can flat out bug singing, but that's a code issue.
    [16:43] <Jyve> aye, not AA's as such, the insta cast was an attempt to get around it, but we can sort that out different time. lets move on
    Rasputyn, sojero, Marton and 4 others like this.
  5. Chorus Augur

well, at least bards don't break every patch, like they did back in the Kunark days. Wasn't that time exciting!
    Ferriciean likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

It was a bad argument then and is still a bad argument now on Elidroth's part. But he was the Dev in charge at the time. Bards literally are the exception and able to move and sing (cast).

Not seeing how it would be unreasonable considering how Bards function.
  7. Sengir New Member

Bards have been requesting this for quite some time now. That's why my original post is not long, it's mostly a reminder.

We bards could write pages about things we'd like to get or change, and everything would be subjetive and debatable. But the epic in particular is a tool we use a lot (I am in Phini, can't really talk about live bards) and the interaction with /melody is frustating and buggy at times.

This is obviously not a priority or gambreaking really, but is quite annoying sometimes.

I am not going to pretend to know how easy is to change this, or the ammount of time needed. I know devs are pretty busy, but I'd love to know their point of view about this and if they feel the change is reasonable and will happen when time allows.

It's not that I am going to ragequit if this never happens, but there are so many QoL changes and even Devs posts asking for QoL for the classes, and the epic always come up and nothing changes.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I don't even think an argument about whether bards should or shouldn't have this QoL improvement is even necessary: There's a long-time bug that sometimes completely locks up bards when they use items with cast times while singing. This locks the bards up from being able to even /camp, let alone use songs / abilities. Until that's fixed, the epic we're expected to hit frequently should be instant cast.
    Ferriciean likes this.
  9. ptah Augur

I believe most if not all bard agree on OP post.

What i love to see.. is epic click transfer to AA.. lets all class epics. User must hand in 2.0 or whatever 1.5 or 1.0.. to NPC. Upon that hand in you marked for class AA insta cast epic x.

So making good for all classes and pretty simple.

I pray for this everyday.
  10. Funky Augur

it does suck when you use a clicky with a cast time that interrupts melody or even worse locks up your songs...

the only problem i have with wanting the epic changed to instant cast, is why hasn't anyone suggested instant cast BP clicks or the countless other items bards can use?

it's really not that hard for you to just make a hotkey of /stopsong, /use item blade of vesagran
    to avoid song lockup... with bard lack there of spam buttons to push, and all the other things that have been nerfed/"tuned" in the dirt for bards recently.... bard epic getting swapped to instant cast is not that big of a deal.
  11. Szilent Augur

... because BP clicks are instant, as are the drums & lutes & swords
    Jyve likes this.
  12. Sengir New Member

Because that takes time and resources and while I agree that a revamp and revising bards and other classes is always good, I'd rather have a simple fix for a common ocurrence, and then later maybe revisit mechanics and stuff. But right now I'd settle with being able to click the epic without having to restart the melody everytime or even worse, having a lag spike and maybe getting gem blocked.

Some classes use their 2.0 epics a lot with no issue, I am just asking for a small QoL fix.
  13. Sengir New Member

Most of the time yes, Phini is now in RoF and the bard BP has a .2 cast time. But I don't care, because it is a defensive click that I will not be using it over and over and over in a raid or group.

I have more clickies, all clikies share the same problem. I only need the epic to change due to the sheer number of times I have to use it.
  14. Funky Augur

oh trust me i completely understand the desire to have the bard epic instant click and how often we use our epic, i also understand others use theirs with no issue... but to be fair i believe if 1 epic were to become instant cast, then ALL epics should be made instant cast...

as far as calling it a simple fix, i dont really know what that would take but i know it would still take some resources... there has been countless suggestions/requests for QoL changes that appear to be a "simple fix" that aren't quite as simple as we suspect.

as far as common occurrence, ever since i made a /stopsong, /use epic hotkey... i can't recall the last time i have had an issue with songs getting hung up
  15. Sengir New Member

Funky, as I said it's nothing groundbreaking just a QoL issue. It is just annoying. Do you have to use your SK epic in a macro to avoid problems?, does your SK epic mess with your rotations?.
    Svann2 likes this.
  16. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Now that you brought it up, yeah the bard BP clicks could be instant too :D
  17. Szilent Augur

18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Wait, nevermind. Bard BP clicks are instant cast nowadays.

So, yeah. Make the epic(s) instant too!
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

There are a couple old chestplates I still use that could use an upgrade to instant as well.
    Farseeker's plate chestguard of harmony
    Whisper-wrought plate breastplate
  20. Funky Augur

i do have my SK epic tied to a hotkey, but not in the scenario of /stopsong or whatever... also i can't cast my epic or any other non instant cast clicky while moving (i still mess that up sometimes since i was a bard main most of my EQ career up till 3/4 of the way through TBL and i still play mine to help when we need more bards)

but please do not turn this topic about another class.

either way, i would love the epic to be instant cast for bards. im just being realistic on not seeing the devs change it... i know it's been asked to be changed to instant cast quite a few times over the years