Marketing Feedback / Which Expansion are You Buying and Why

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morigaine, Oct 23, 2019.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

Zero expansions purchased and unlikely to change. It is down to Dzarn and Dzarn alone impressing me enough with new necromancer AA and massive quality changes to existing AA to cover up the mess they have made.

Obviously Aristo hasn't touched dots at all yet again. And many core spells did not make the list for a level cap increase.

They have not learned their lesson with murderous entry level zones and nasty spell effects everywhere.

They have not learned their lesson with beta time crunches. Even making it worse this year by taking on a TLP launch during. They say they don't have time to work on spells and AA during the year, despite nerfing all year long, and yet what little time we have in beta goes towards naming spells and doing stuff like creating pet stats that could have been handled long before beta opened so we finally had years old concerns addressed.
  2. Jalelorf Augur

I can't find 1 reason to buy this expansion for my 5 accounts. I haven't been on beta much, but everything seems to be zones which have been done in Reign of Fear. Just throwing in the same mobs at a higher level is not worth my money.

That new ice shader they keep bragging about looks like crud to me. I've even turned off advanced lighting which helps. It still looks like dog poop. I don't know why they think its cool, but I guess they thought the cactus helm ornament was special.
  3. Nudia Augur

I bought the $90 one for my primary account partially because I've only ever bought standard before. The lifetime sub is already money long gone and I had a bit extra for current dollars as a result that could go towards bad decisions. My guess is that the teleport clicky will be useless and/or redundant, but even if it saves a few zones, it'll be nice to have occasionally, especially given most of my fellowship will have them as well.

My alts get the cheapest junk I can buy them and they're gonna like it. Losers.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Kontra Augur

I buy the standard edition every year...why?
    mount - always been available from doing the progression
    illusions - have too many already
    merc skins - as long as it heals idc what it looks like
    port click - I can train anywhere I need to go or use 1 in guildhall someone else wasted $ on
    xp pots - have in /claim or in bags
    bags - full 40+ and a bunch in bank at this point already
    distillers - gotta spend LP on something
    everything else - filler/fluff