What droppables are high Tribute?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Nov 1, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

So, everything that I've seen from LDON has amazing tribute and it's relatively nothing as far as cost. Selo actually saw a bump in some of these prices when Gates came out presumably because of tribute consumption. The same can be said about Griegs end stuff, it's super common and costs almost nothing.

But, aside from player crafter tradeskill stuff, isn't there some new(er) era stuff that has high tribute? I've looked up things randomly but it's relatively terrible, and I figure something's gotta be out there!
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Aside from LDoN items PoP crafted elemental bows were/are particularly popular items sold for their high tribute value, as were tradeable items from Raid mobs in Velious.
  3. DeseanJackson Augur

Trak BPs are 15,000 each and get 1-2 per kill. Pretty easy now the MotM is gone, and you get a shot at a Fungi.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Pretty much everything after DoDH droppables are complete garbage in terms of tribute value.
    I'm amazed they never went back and nerfed all the prior stuff to match the later eras since, judging from the values they started assigning, they didn't want tribute to be as plentiful.

I did hunters on Phinigel. 3 Times. I think I had 12 characters assigned to just be tribute mule holders for all the repeat lore items I got. If you really hate yourself I can confirm it will keep your tribute maxed.
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Here is an eqitems search link: https://tinyurl.com/yxeld6eh

I set it to tribute > 15k and level < 70. A lot of the highest stuff is elemental crafted. PoN min-raid targets look good too (Hobgoblin sword is 35k)
  6. AcemoneyFV Augur

LDON items, most are 20k+ for the level 60ish items. I buy them for like 1-5k in the baz on FV all the time.
  7. Speckle Journeyman

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3267

The low level version is a pain to set up but with an FD class it's very fast for a guaranteed high tribute item. Log in alts on three accounts, caster bound at mission giver, Monk and Mage at instance, get mission, CotH, give note to Monk, clear the boss fight area with twinks, high level buffs and/or mercs, Monk turns in note, CotH Monk, kill boss, /barter or PoK port to unload lore high tribute item.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The best tribute is farming Primordial Driftwood Compound Bow. Nothing else even comes close. 200kish Tribute an hour, a few raid geared classes like Ranger and SK can solo clear the whole camp at 70.

The other really good thing for Tribute is farming post revamp CT. The bloods can be used to make Tae Ew Chain Leggings which gives almost 4.5k tribute per and you can farm enough blood to make like 8 or so an hour, plus you will also get a bunch of drops from the named that tribute well.

Dumpster diving in the bazaar for stuff isn't worth you time.
  9. Aegir Augur

What stage of progression are you on?
    If you're able to one group - or solo the Hidden Vale LDoN raid.

Plough yourself up to the northern area and kill anything in there and you'll yield 200-300k+ in tribute. kick the dz and re-request.

Lots of the tribute items are lore, but remember, the Sro soulbinder is right next to the instance.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Thanks for the info guys. Its interesting that later stuff never got much tribute action. Bobby bick probably has it right.

Selo is at level 70 still so there is no way you could solo the ldon raids or at least reasonably fast. Not sure how the group ones are that could be fun to revisit... never did more than a few ldons in the first place.
  11. Zipe The Healer

You can also mix it up while leveling your tradeskills.
    Until you are into cultural era with worldwide drops... your paths to level smithing and tailoring are limited. Most of the paths involve items you can sell on the bazaar, others involve things you destroy and others involve things that you can tribute.
    For example... Planar set bracers (PoFire silk bracers,Firestrand Wristband, for instance) can be tributed for like 12k while skilling up.
    Same for Tae Ew blood recipes... you can skillup making the shields and tributing them for 3k each.
    I remember that when I was bored I fired the unfired Ruby encrusted steins I used to max pottery and tributed them, for like 300 tribute each. Normally people just trash them.

I spent my entire PoP experience farm, and most of GoD, in PoWater, so personally I went all nuts on bows. But tributed lots of Tae Ew Shields too.
  12. Mr Blue Sky Elder

I always used to find Temple of droga good for tribute.
    You can pretty much go round in a circuit where the named spawn and kill the ph's, nice tribute valve items.
  13. Raytheon Augur

Second Droga. 3-4 cycles is an hour, and gets somewhere between 75-125k tribute
  14. Xeris Augur

wtf is tribute
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Its a feature that unlocks after GoD unlocks. Think of it as a 10min customizable buff you can toggle on/off whenever you want but you gotta pay for it by giving NPCs items that they turn into a spendable resource you can use. The amount of resource you get can vary wildly from say 10 points for a fine steel weapon to 25,000 from some junk drop off a named in Acrylia Caverns.

When it first unlocks it is particularly good for Melee and Necromancers but has value for all classes until around TSS through Heroic Stat buffs (by TSS most everyone will hit a softcap through gear alone) then falls off for awhile until player housing gives you access to better buffs you can unlock via trophies.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Don't overlook the fact that you can tribute no-drop gear. Even the visible gear. So don't destroy that armor set you just replaced. Also, don't let group gear that you can't use rot. I don't know when this starts expansion-wise or if it's been the case for every expansion. I just discovered it recently on Phinny in HoT.