Why Are Threads About The New Live Server In The TLP Section?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dawdle, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Dawdle Augur

I don't get all the threads about the new server like it's a TLP server. Look I know TLP is popular but you have effected Live in many ways. Ways I am not sure I care for. Now DB is giving Live a new server and you are trying to turn it into another TLP?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...st-show-interview-with-holly-longdale.259901/

Holly said DB hadn't had a new Live server in who knows how long. DB was excited about this new heroic server and couldn't wait to tell us about it. She said Live, not TLP.

Lets go over the stuff people are talking.

Start at level 1? Really, I guess we can start at level 1 on a any Live server but why pay to play on this one then when we can just start at level 1 for free elsewhere.

True Box? What Live server has true box? Live would be dead if we couldn't box. You know I read so much stuff about this being a group game but lets face it, you are going to need to box if you play Live because you are never going to find groups for everything you have to or want to do. Without boxing how many priest classes do you actually think you'll ever run into? Without priest classes how are you going to raid?

Lets keep this simple, I could say more but I won't because this is the wrong section of the forums. You guys want to talk about a Live server how about we move these discussions to the Veterans' Lounge. Live players understand the end game a whole lot better then a bunch of TLP players that have been stuck in classic for the last 3 years.

*Boxing does not mean afk/botting is ok. That is a whole different issue that also needs to be addressed.
  2. Aueman Journeyman

TLP.... Time Locked Progression

A new server that is locked behind progression based on time. Idk this sounds like the right place to me.

Many people who play on TLP also play live, so stop trying to act like because we post in this section of the forums we have no knowledge of end game.
    Icaen, Rayvorn, Oakenblade and 3 others like this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What new live server? Miragul is a TLP that will start in House of Thule and progress from there.

Someone should tell Holly they launched a new Live server 2 years ago, it's called Brekt.
    Icaen, Mithra and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. yerm Augur

Damhmit bobby whe don't talk that server boy
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

6. Jimmy2times Elder

Are you a forum warrior? Does it impair your ability to play the game knowing that those threads are in this section? Y’all get bent out of shape about the craziest stuff.
  7. SunDrake Augur

There is likely to be more information regarding the Miragul server released this week, but I'm pretty sure it falls more within the realm of a TLP than a Live server, regardless of what Holly might have said.
  8. Machen New Member

Agreed. It is ~3 years at least away from hitting a current live expansion. It's a TLP, not a live server.

In theory, Fippy could reach live faster, as could Selos and Phinigel. No one is arguing that any of those servers should be considered live servers rather than TLP's.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

10. Dawdle Augur

How do you know how long this new server will take to get to Live. Seeing as it's a Live server that starts in HoT my guess is that as soon as content is beaten then the next xpac will unlock.
    If this is the case you think it'll take 3 years to get to TBL?
    You can solo to max level in like 3 months without even getting a Plvl. Solo/boxing a 6 man you can max out AA's & Level in maybe 6 months starting from scratch.
    If you play like they do on TLP servers and poop sock your way to glory you can get everything done, prayer augs, epics, and artisans for all 6 toons in 6 months easy.
    Advantage of this server for new returning players, way more groups at lower levels. Lowest level on the server will be 85. Way better for the game. This is a great idea.

I think a lot of other posters are fishing for reactions or looking for drama. No one is bent, nothing is wrecked, we don't even have the info on this server yet but Holly used the word Live so I think it's probably better to approach this server from a Live perspective.
    Moving the threads to the Veterans' Lounge will give you better feed back. I'm not saying TLP players are a bunch of noobs but this isn't Kansas Dorthy.
    Look at these other threads... Have fun getting a group for every step of your AP, for every member of your guild, and if you don't have a group then SoL. You still have to go back and get a full PoP flag up through Time, non of the important stuff is being addressed on the TLP forums.
  11. code-zero Augur

With a Heroic character most classes can solo epics and do Time progression as well.
  12. Machen New Member

She didn't. She said there hasn't been a new live server in a while. She didn't say this is a new live server.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

They haven't done a vote-to-unlock server since Ragefire/Lockjaw. This is a time-based unlock.

This thread makes me wish we could dislike posts too.... because dude, your just wrong all around.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Dawdle Augur

You way over estimate the power of heroic characters with access to bazaar upgrades. Even if you went full twink at 85th lvl you cannot solo the Stronghold of the 12 or The Tyrant of Fire. The 12 is a timed event and the 12 themselves aren't even soloable at lvl 90. You might be able to do Fennin boxing a couple of toons depending on class's but with heroic gear... Not so sure.

Epics maybe, most of them, but you are not going to solo prayer shawl 2.0. Prayer shawl is a very important aug. for raiding current content. I am sure we will see lots of people hitting major road blocks and thinking hay this was supposed to be a cakewalk just because I started out at 85th lvl.

Skip to 7:30 through 7:59. Did you really watch this or are you just making comments?

She said "We will be launching more servers, eq and eq2, we did progression, what about Live? When was the last time we launched a new Live server in either game." So you think in Nov. we are getting a new TLP and a new Live server? My guess was this is the new "Live" server.

There's so much more to this then just covering a few topics and your regular TLP banter is not going to cover it. We don't know how fast the unlocks will be, we don't have much info to go off of but we have the interview and if you play Live you know what it takes. You really interested in doing a Live True Box that starts at level 1? I'd like to see better input and the TLP forum is not cutting it. My OP.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You can't expect people to actually look things up before they form an opinion Zarnarnar, this is the internet.
    Skuz, yerm and Zanarnar like this.
  16. Dawdle Augur

Both you a Dreamweaver might be wrong or did I miss something?

Miragul Server: A New Type of Progression!

Looking to join a new community on a new type of server?
    On November 5, in support of EverQuest II’s 15th anniversary, we are going to be launching a new type of progression server, named Miragul, that will start at the House of Thule expansion that launched in 2010. What does that mean?
    You start as a Level 85 Heroic Character with live server experience rates, and all the trappings of a server that starts with a level cap of 90 with in-game housing, loads of raids, over 800 AAs, and more.
    The server requires a membership to play and that’s it!

It is a bit confusing because Holly talks about a Live server and this post says A New Type of Progression but we don't get any info about unlocks so how do you know that it's time-based? Might not be vote-to-unlock either, that's horrible. I said maybe it's once an xpac is beaten then the next unlocks. Where did I say Vote-To-Unlock and if I didn't bring it up why are you?
  17. Iyacc Augur

I think one of(if not the last) server to unlock once content was beaten didn't actually unlock. If I remember right, it triggered a vote to either unlock right away or later at the normal time period (3 months?). So that's probably why it was brought up.
  18. Ceffener Augur

“ Also on tap this year is EverQuest II’s 15th anniversary on Nov. 9 which we will support in EverQuest with a new take on a progression server. Players will start as Level 85 Heroic Characters with experience gain at the same rate as live servers. Content up to the House of Thule expansion will be available at launch with expansions unlocking every 2 – 3 months.”

https://www.everquest.com/news/late-summer-producers-letter-2019

It’s a TLP with the same unlock schedule as current TLP’s. -10 forum warrior points.
  19. That0neguy Augur

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck.....
  20. Dawdle Augur

Well fair enough, parley.

You know DB doesn't say anything about unlocks in the other post.

https://www.everquest.com/news/expansion-producers-letter-2019

So ThatOneguy is trying to be cute but Holly is clearly talking about a new Live server. If this is just another TLP then I agree it's a Duck.
    Was kind of excited after watching the interview but if Holly had said TLP is getting another server then non of this confusion would of started. Why so many TLP servers?