Crashing when going into Everquest from Character select!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Banditx, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Gnomey420 New Member

Ugh, having same issues:eek:
  2. SheepDog New Member

No further word on my ticket or on official forums from what I can tell.
  3. Tiien New Member

because the login servers are garbage . trying to hook up the live servers to the beta server so people can beta copy . but they drop the ball and and do not want to just say hey were doing this ...so people would know ..instead they want to do this :

Thank you for waiting on me to get back to you. I appreciate it. You may want to make backups and then delete the following files:

(Please know that these backups are necessary to help restore any custom UI settings)

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:

<CharacterName><ServerName>.
    ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini)
    UI<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)

One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I certainly hope it can be resolved soon. Take care and have a nice evening!
    Best regards,
    Bridgette S.
    Senior Technical Support
    Daybreak Games

trying to say ohh you might have corrupt files so copy these file ( which if they are corrupt is pointless) but you know there are several other instances of eq running on the same computers at the same time as noted by others above .. plus add in the fact there has been a "handshake" issue since the june patch where toons will go to load or try to zone and become non responding . they aren't out of the world but aren't in it . then takes like 10 minutes to get kicked or have to task manager close the application . great way to make people want to buy the new expansion ..when they can't even log in to play the old ones .
    but hey were getting new ice textures on rehashed 18 year old zones !!!
  4. Hateful New Member

There are major log in issues atm.. Six pcs all same issues. IP had hard rebooted modem and ran tests. Six toons LD across 4 pcs last night cant log back in and toons that were in cant zone. Can we Please address this issue DB. Corrupt files sure on one pc , but six .. c'mon fix this
    Aanuvane likes this.
  5. Dissonance New Member

Same issue all three computers. Not a "delete these files problem"...@DB
  6. Hateful New Member

I understand they are working on Beta however I think the live log in issues should be addressed first
  7. Phaedren New Member

What’s 50% bonus of 0% exp again?
    Aanuvane likes this.
  8. Hateful New Member

oh yeah I forgot about bonus exp as always maxed.. Can we please get this shut down and fixed please