Neriak Necro noob armor quest: Final Task (bugged)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lah3l, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Lah3l New Member

1. I approach Talorial D`Estalian at Neriak 3rd Gate Necro Guild Hall.
    2. I say to him: 'what final test'.
    3. His reply is: 'The final test that I require one to complete before I am content with them being knowledgable in the early ways of Necromancy is one that will test your determination. Are you ready to be tested? '
    4. I then say: 'I am ready to be tested.
    5. Here his reply is bugged. He is supposed to give me Ancient Book Binding where I am supposed to put Tome Insert Pg 1 to 4 > click combine and I would have my Writ of The Fallen.
    Instead the NPC loops to his previous responce: 'The final test that I require one to complete before I am content with them being knowledgable in the early ways of Necromancy is one that will test your determination. Are you ready to be tested? '
  2. Lah3l New Member

by the way...
    Ive opened a ticket on this. its been like 3 weeks or more and no word from support. Ticket is open but nothing else
  3. xxGriff Augur

I have not done this quest arc. However, it may be that you must complete the previous tasks. according to the walkthru on zam, there are missing responses. have you completed the previous tasks the npc gives? It may also be necessary to tun thru the entire dialog with him as listed here: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1665

if the Quest is indeed bugged, in addition to your submitting a support ticket, you should post in Live Bugs. there are no shortage of broken or bugged quests, and we all agree they should be remedied, i would not hold my breath. I hope it is just a matter of filfilling the quest arc and/or following the dialog as out lined in the link above.

Live update Bugs: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/live-update-bugs-7-18-2018.250438/
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

I think that it was to complete the robe and equip it.
  5. Grith247 New Member

My Necro is Level 11 now, has equipped a full set of "Unholy Silk Armour" but I am in the same position, the NPC won't give me the 'Ancient Book Binding' to combine the pages in, and the conversation just loops, he doesn't seem to understand 'I am ready to be tested'. :mad:
  6. ShadowMan Augur

Still broken.