Crashing when going into Everquest from Character select!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Banditx, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Banditx New Member

Hello, I am wondering if anyone else is having issues just getting into game from character select. I am receiving a crash report box that I fill out every time now. So far I am unable to play a game that i pay for. Any help ?
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

• Have you been playing the game? When was the last time you played? And what changes had you made to the game from last time to now? And did Windows 10 recently run some updates?
    • Using a customized UI? Check the box to Reset UI to Default
    • Close down 3rd party programs such as MSI Afterburner (at least one player was crashing due to this program. Many users had a Windows 10 update.
    • Delete eqclient.ini and start game. Do not process/go through the Game configuration at the Launchpad.
  3. globeadue Lorekeeper

there are network problems going on atm.its causing crashes, timeouts and lag if you are so lucky to dodge all the crash/not loading timeouts
    even the patchers web content and these forums are timing out for me
    there are a few other posts about timeouts / lag as well
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For many of my guildies we used the patchme workaound & the game was hanging at character select a long time before moving onto load in the character, its real slow or was.
  5. Fuzer New Member

Having these same issues repeatedly on all 3 of my cpus. Issues getting in to char select, then when loading char into game getting DC'd.
  6. SheepDog New Member

I'm also having issues this morning.

I logged into the game fine at first, but crashed when trying to log into PoK (Agnarr server.)

Now I'm having trouble getting into the char select screen at all.
  7. billyeq New Member

Same issues for me, launcher takes forever to load, then I get " a connection to the server could not be reached" after I hit play.
  8. Fuzer New Member

and when I do make it into game, I DC frequently on zoning.
  9. Aanuvane Augur

I got kicked out last night and have not been able to log back in since.

I can occasionally get all the way to character select, but then end up getting kicked again.
  10. SheepDog New Member

Seems to be an intermittent issue with logging in. I've been spamming the login and actually got in twice, but crashed when camping to the character select screen.

Reads a lot like a network issue - but who knows.

I've got a ticket open with their support team. Although the guy is addressing is as a client-side issue (asked for dxdiag and msinfo32 files.)

Haven't heard back since I sent him the files.
  11. Fuzer New Member

Yeah it has to be on their end. Everything else is working fine - including other games.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  12. Svetty New Member

I am having these same issues with getting to character select. I managed to get 1 character logged in but have had no luck with the rest. I am getting an error that the server couldn't be reached and disconnected...if I can get as far as character select.

I and 2 of my guildies who are all from the same state are having these issues while no one else in my guild seems to be.
  13. Leaff New Member

I am having the same issue on both of my PCs. I am in NC on Charter internet if that is possibly the determining factor.

I usually can't log in "a connection to the server could not be reached. Check internet or server status." and when I do get logged in, I will crash when trying to zone and have to relaunch the game.

Any ideas for fix?
  14. Comaboy New Member

Glad I checked here. I have been freezing each time I zone for over an hour. Now when I restart and try to log in I get server not responding and dc
  15. SheepDog New Member

This is the answer I received on my ticket. My issue "self resolved" and I was able to get logged in, albeit with super long load times. I haven't logged out and attempted to get back in though - may be a one off thing. There's clearly something going on with their hosting platform, but we'll never be told about it.

Their answer was the tech support version of "go away, we don't know why this is happening."

~~~~~

Thank you for waiting on me to get back to you. I appreciate it. You may want to make backups and then delete the following files:

(Please know that these backups are necessary to help restore any custom UI settings)

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:

<CharacterName><ServerName>.
    ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini)
    UI<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)

One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I certainly hope it can be resolved soon. Take care and have a nice evening!
    Best regards,
    Bridgette S.
    Senior Technical Support
    Daybreak Games
  16. Aanuvane Augur

But really. I was playing most of the day yesterday with no problem whatsoever. I was in the middle of a mission and everything just stopped responding. Was able to get one character back in last night, but not the other two. Closed all down and went to bed.

Now, I've been trying all morning and it's all server not responding type messages - how is that corrupt files?
  17. LJS69 New Member

This is the reason I've moved to the test server and quit paying to play. Too much inconsistency trying to zone or get into the game. I'm constantly having trouble getting into the game, either the servers won't come up at all, or at character select it will not load. Usually have no trouble while in the game except the occasional zoning Issue. I wish you guys would make this game more user friendly.
  18. Mootang New Member

So you are talking about this up date and that up date and you cant keep what you have stable. Fun good times.
  19. Rorschach New Member

Have we gotten any word or update from anybody official or are they just acting like this is still all of our faults and we messed something up?
  20. BangkokBanger New Member

Having the same issues as everyone else. Started yesterday, Did full reinstall and it did not help at all.
    Aanuvane likes this.