Frusterated

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Everquest78, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Everquest78 New Member

Hi new to the server, evidently I angered some multi boxer with a lot of toons when I was selling - I got a tell from someone I wont name due to forum rules Da and heh anyways wanted me to raise the price on an item I was reselling now as soon as I log in anyone from my guild or my wife logs in and says even a word in /auc or General etc he uses his bots to chain mark me as spam - the GMs have had to unflag me as spam 4 tiems today and say they will look into this player

Is this player an anomaly? or is this a common thing people do to try and silence others?

Thanks for any reply
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

I don't play on mangler but someone else said this on the forum recently too.

Not sure how the mark as spam setting actually works but its temporary.
  3. uk6999 Augur

personally guy sounds like he has some mental issues which is probably 40% of eq players but he is likely blowing smoke.

You can dump his name in to general chat and have everyone mark his char as spam.
    You can create a lvl 1 char and sell from it. This is what a majority of people do for various reasons.
    Meridian likes this.
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You can petition if you've been harassed through the spam system, Daybreak can actually help with this. You can also ask friends to make a concerted effort to unmark you as spam, which can help too.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Over the years, especially on the TLP servers, there have been "bugs" with the spam controls and many unfounded players are marked as spam when this happens.

I think the possibility of this happening to you right now is 90%. Basis for this are the other posts in the last day or so of players being marked as spam for no reason. Another clue to this being a system issue is that it happens as soon as you log in.

Have you put this person on /ignore? Are they online when you are? How big is your guild that the entire guild is getting marked as spam? Seems a large project for that guy.

I am not doubting you but offering another possibility since that player would have to be really wacked to carry this vendetta to your entire guild and to stop what he is doing to mark every player in your guild the minute they all log in. He would have to spend his entire day stalking you guys.

Since he is a multi boxer (as you stated) I doubt he cares that much. He has far more goodies than you:D
  6. Meridian Augur

I have an alt for buying/selling for exactly this reason.