Drop rate of Abstruse Remnant of Desire (Chest slot) sucks

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skuz, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Has anyone else found the drop rate of the chest slot of the HoT T1 armor to be absolutely crap?

So far I have seen but 1 single Abstruse Remnant of Desire drop from Feerott or Lower House and I have killed every named in each zone multiple times & have looted around 20+ of every other slot (40+ wrist slots) in my efforts to help out guildies returning from an absence or equip alts of my own & other players.

Subjective experience I know but that much of a disparity seems way off base 1 in 140+ others is a lot worse than random luck should dictate.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is a 31% chance at highest. But I have found that chest items, be it OOW or Castaway or Fear Touched etc are all rare drops while those wrist ones drop like flies. Possibly cause you can use 2 of the wrist items for most. And the chest item usually has extra stats on it.

For HOT I think the terror infused chest piece drop from the task "fall of the Tae EW" is a little more common.

You can look in baz as many people sell the chest items or do the SOD progression for Paragon or even Glowing Reis some of which are just a little shy of abstruse. To be honest I was never in those levels long enough to make it matter and soon went on to latent as it is cheaper in baz and has more frequent drops.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

From plenty of hours in HoT as recent content (Phinigel TLP) recondite has been way better on chest drop rates have had dozens of them and at much the same drop rate as all of the other not wrists slots, ambiguous & lucid chests were also very decent rates its just the abstruse that has been very rare.
  4. Willy Loman New Member

You probably know this, but since it wasn't addressed specifically in your post(s):

Different nameds mobs in the HoT expansion can and do drop all of the visible bits for their tier, randomly . . . to a certain extent.

Each named has a visible that is more likely to drop from it than the other six possibilities. For example, https://eq.magelo.com/item/56185 suggests that Executioner Brand, Bouncer Captain Grak and Xiocozcatl the Feared are the three named that have the best chance to drop this particular remnant.

While you mention that you have killed every named multiple times, perhaps those three have been killed fewer times than the rest for you, on average . . . I don't know.
    Lilybeme and Skuz like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Interesting post, I had been under the impression that all of the nameds (being as they are for the most part on an equal difficulty footing) had the same drop rates for all of the remnants, given that each mob has all of the remnants on their table.

Magelo showing drop-rates wasn't something i was aware it could do so thanks for the pointer on that.
    Grove likes this.