Allow server Xfer Agnarr > Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tierdal, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Tierdal Augur

disclaimer - ive never played on Agnarr.

This seems like a no brainer for Daybreak. Let people who are board over there have the option to one way transfer and try more modern EQ ...enjoying the Selo ride.

Influx of new blood would be great. A win/win situation for daybreak.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. Xeris Augur

Board... I'm definitely not a board. I am a human.
  4. Meridian Augur

Please please please please please please please please please someone come play with us on Selo!
  5. jeskola pheerie

Selo wasn't designed to survive the shitshow known as level 70
  6. DeseanJackson Augur

I don’t follow, seems like faster expansion unlocks makes it more survivable than 2/3month servers?
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

If you have no connection to Agnarr, then you likely do not have a strong argument on what should happen to Agnarr? Every one who plays on Agnarr did so knowing it stops at its current form forever, its the reason they play there.

Restarting from scratch on Selo's is super fast, take you a few weeks without PL to get beyond Agnarr's current content.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Doubt there is any value for DBG to transfer folks from one low pop server to another low pop server.
  9. Midnitewolf Augur

Honestly I am not so sure. I came to the game late and only started on Selo a few weeks ago and despite having managed to get one toon to 66, another to 60 and yet another to 46, I feel like I am falling further and further behind every second I am not focusing on just one character. Even then my level 66 with about a Krono worth of Bazaar gear feels like a baby compared next to the majority of players that have hit level 70 weeks ago and have literally hundreds if not thousands of AAs, not to mention being completely geared due to playing through content like the LDON previously. Now they are all racing through DON when I haven't even decided on a main and have barely scraped the surface of DON. By the time I choose a main, within the next week or so, I am going to feel even further behind because DON will be old school content since DoD will be coming out about that time. Worse, I can't even go back and grind out the older if you can call it that, content from 2 weeks ago, because everyone has raced past it and no longer wants or needs to do it any more.

So while I like the faster XP and XPAC unlocks, I feel like I am never going to catch up and I think the stress of trying to keep up with the pace will drive many people off, especially if they started late like me.

Honestly, I think the upcoming Anniversary TLP is going to be a solid hit. Starting off at level 85 with roughly 3 months per unlock to actually enjoy/progress through the content is going to make a world of difference. Many of us have started off from scratch on multiple TLPs and are a bit tired of grinding out a new toon from scratch yet again so I think being able to bypass that and just play the late game, is going to be very popular. Of course if it is popular, whelp, it just means Selo will end up like all the rest of the TLPs, dead.
  10. DeseanJackson Augur

To that I’d say, why aren’t you focusing on one character then? I get wanting alts and something different every now and again, but Selo is basically built for one char and the boxes of said main. You can do more, but you’re either gonna have to play a lot or just accept a casual play style that will be an expansion or two behind. That is a downside to some, I find it appealing to my current preferences.
  11. Xeris Augur

If you've been playing for a few weeks with just 1 char you'd already be maxed at lvl 70 with 1,000 aas and starting to get raid gear. Feel like your case is kinda your own fault. You definitely can't waffle around on SELOS if you intend on being a raider
    code-zero likes this.
  12. AcemoneyFV Augur

Win/win for what? Terrible idea.
  13. Koniku Elder

The players of Agnarr Prison Server should never be allowed free.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Selo is a fast paced loot pinata.

It's so easy to catch up and there are a number of raid guilds ranging from super casual to 3 to 4 raids per week. Something for everyone.

And from what I've seen now eq is just trivially easy. People constantly show up to raids in poor gear and it doesn't matter much. The guild still beats the encounter and the player gears up quickly.

If you want amazing gear and to complete everything in era then it's a bad choice. But if you want to get deep into the expansions that kills every other server then selo is it. Its fast pace is really good for managing burnout/ players quitting.
  15. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Selo's is a time commitment to stay on the lead pack. 30 day cycles only get harder with much more difficult content each time and significantly more AA's. Eventually the server will funnel down to 1 solid endgame guild with 2, at most 3, tier 2 guilds that will basically become feeders to keep guild A moving forward. If you cant give Selo's at least 20 nights a month, you probably wont stay in the lead pack for long or often.

I look at Selo's like its an actual 26 mile Marathon with each expansion being a mile. The first 10 everyone can run in 30 days each and not break a sweat, But those last 16, you will see more and more people drop off the pace and many off the server like a real marathon has.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Hadesborne Augur

Peopl who started on Agnarr, knew what they were getting into. They KNEW there eventually would come a time where it would feel like a prison. Just reroll on Mangler, there is still time.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

What I want to know, is what made OP think that people who rolled on the prison server because they wanted to be locked up to an early xpac, would even remotely want to join a server who's goal is to blast to live asap? It doesn't even sound logical, much less reasonable.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Probably because the inevitable release of new TLP's slowly siphons off all your friends. So, regardless if you liked a POP locked server, EQ is an MMO and if theres no MM part, you're going to leave soon as well.

When I signed up for Agnarr and returned to EQ it came as a suprise to me that the current MO was a new TLP every time the last server hit Luclin-era. That's bad for the players wanting to stick to a server long-term.
  19. Nekai New Member

I joined agnarr because I played EQMac and PoP is the era I like the most but sitting around with literally no one to group with for hours is not fun. I would love a transfer to mangler when it hits whatever is after LDoN or whatever but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Probably best to just reroll on mangler or wait for the next server to launch.
  20. Midnitewolf Augur

Yeah this is the problem with the TLPs. I started over on Corinav and would probably have stuck with it even at the slow XP rate but for a server to be fun, you need tons of other players to enjoy it with and the TLPs very quickly become a ghost town after a new TLP comes out. What is worse is each release just dilutes the playerbase even more as a few holdouts already remain on the old, dead server.

Honestly I am not sure how to fix this but on one hand I do kind of think character transfers would help. I mean I find that I am playing almost exactly the same classes on Selo that I did on Corinav and even though leveling a new toon from scratch doesn't take long on Selo, It would have been nice to just be able to move my characters to the new server than start at level one. Hell I would have been happy with a naked transfer with gear just to avoid having to level the same classes over again.
    Skuz likes this.