Essence of Concealment: Finding Swamp Vine

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dahaman, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Dahaman Augur

Coirnav server is about to open Veeshan Peak 2.0 with the release of Omens. The Veeshan Peak quests are good, or seem to be good, quest lines for the group oriented player.

I've collected and crafted 4 of 5 parts for one quest in anticipation. I'm missing an Essence of Concealment. I'm sporting a 250+ alchemy skill, so I can make my own. Except, I can't find any Swamp Vine to make it.

Supposedly, Swamp Vine are foraged in LDON Guk dungeons, as well as occasionally looted from some of the "chests" in the dungeons. I've run 8 dungeons, bought the Foraging AA on my shaman, gotten to 80ish foraging skill, cursed myself MANY times with looting those silly chests, and have yet to find any Swamp Vine.

Anyone have any light to shed on how to obtain Swamp Vine or simply Essences of Concealment? I need 3 of them total.

Thanks for any assistance!
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I can't find anything pointing to other locations than what you have already found. Foraging and opening chests in Guk (SRO) LDoNs.

The droprate from chests is probably like 10%, no idea what foraging rate might be (especially if we're talking like non druid/ranger foraging). If you don't find one in ~20 ldons worth of chests I would lean towards the possibility that the Swamp Vine and/or the potion it creates were accidentally/intentionally flagged for a later expansion or outright removed from drops altogether as the Nexona questline also accepts the Philter of Concealment for the combine.

Before you do anything else I would see if crafting the PHILTER of Concealment is an option.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

It still can be foraged on live servers, in addition to the chests/boxes, etc. It can also drop from any random mob in the zone as well (I got 37 over the weekend working on hunter, and I never forage because I'm done with all my tradeskills).
  4. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I bought what I needed to make it in bazaar on Selo during the LDoN expansion, so I know they are dropping, the combine works, and the quest is completable once VP revamp goes in.
  5. Dahaman Augur

Update:

A friend playing a druid (Forage skill 214) is getting Swamp Vine to drop at a rate of 2 in 4 Guk runs. So, Swamp Vine is confirmed dropping on Coirnav. It might just take a higher Forage skill than my shaman can muster.

Philter of Concealment is a POR expansion item, so not available on Coirnav yet. I was working thru that when I found a vendor component that wasn't available, which is the blocker until POR.

Thanks All!
    Bobbybick likes this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Since it wasn't on Allah's quest guide i thought i would give you a heads up you need lots of Ring of Scale faction for the VP 2.0 quests. Have fun killing 2000 mobs in MM.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

There are some NPC in highhold that give really big boosts to RoS faction. Prak, Wres Corber, and Kaden Gron . Kill the trio for +94 faction per cycle. It destroys some other factions though.
  8. Dahaman Augur

I actually already did the Ring of Scale faction grind right before Gates hit Coirnav. Allakhazam lists the Veeshan Peak quests as Gates expansion (in error I found out). It was only after I did the Ring of Scale faction AND the Claws of Veeshan faction that I learned that the quests are Omens expansion locked.

Is Bobbybick a good contact for updating Alla? If so, he responded above and can update it maybe?

Rasper, the Veeshan Peak 2.0 quests would be a nice addition to your Omens page. However, you said you don't do outside of expansion zone quests. If you've changed your mind, there are 6 nice quests that can be added to your site.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Unfortunately I no longer have admin powers so I can't update anything myself. Best bet is to comment on the quest page(s) themselves and hope that Gidono or another volunteer admin sees it and changes the xpac tag.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Yeah it's kinda dumb VP 2.0 came out in GoD. But for some reason the devs decided it should be OoW on TLPs which is just in time for the quest/raid rewards to almost all be obsoleted by 1.5 and 2.0 mini event chests.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

There's an Alla's Discord channel. Gidono is there every day.

https://discord.gg/8k9vwk
  12. neveroom Journeyman

by the time you can do the quests, they are mostly not worth the effort
  13. Dahaman Augur

Follow Up Notes:

Essence of Concealment (trivial 222)
    - Swamp Vine (foraged in LDON Guk instances, 215 Forage netted this faster than 214, could be RNG)
    - Burdock Root (found on the Abysmal Sea alchemy vendor, not in POK in Gates era)
    - Mystic Ash (found on the Abysmal Sea alchemy vendor)
    - Empty Vial

Made 7 for 7 Essences of Concealment on Coirnav (@ alchemy skill 261 with AA: Alchemy Master 1).

A good time to collect for the Veeshan Peak quests is actually during Gates expansion. Those quests can't be completed until Omens, true, but they are better quest content during Gates for the casual or smaller group player than Gates quests... by far.

After Omens is released, then it's just better to pursue quests in Omens zones. Omens has a lot of good quests to pursue for the casual, small group, high end group AND raider. So Nice!
  14. Dahaman Augur

Went out to Veeshan Peak on Coirnav last night. It looks the same as it did at the release of Gates.

How can you tell if Veeshan Peak 2.0 is active?
  15. Dahaman Augur

Update: Veeshan Peak 2.0 quests are available on Coirnav.

The map was the same. The mobs are not. They are similar, but there are differences and they /con differently.