Experienced Raiding Magician Seeking Home on Live Server

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Vastradar, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Vastradar Journeyman

As the thread title says, I am seeking a new home, preferably in a raiding-focused guild, for my mage.

I do have fairly extensive raiding experience. I played a necromancer in a top guild on Erollsi Marr back in the Velious and Luclin days. I also played in a number of years as both a member and an officer in a few different competitive raid guilds in EQ2. So I have experience with raids (I know how competitive guilds work) and have always played a pet class. I've been out of the game for a couple years but I'm looking to get back into raiding. My mentality from the old days has not changed. I'm the type that wants to be the best at my class and wants the other players that I'm playing with to have a similar mentality.

In order to get back into the game, I created a magician and leveled her up. She had a good home for a while but lately I've lost patience with my current guild. We have made no progress whatsoever in TBL and in fact on a typical night, the best I can hope for is a group to hit CoTF HA's (which I can solo in my sleep). So, I'm looking for a guild with a mentality closer to my own.

The character that I'm looking to play (I don't box - I focus all my attention on being the best at one class that I can be) is a 107 magician with 16,500 AAs. First off, I'm going to say that I know that a raiding guild is going to want a 110 toon. Realistically, just run a couple HAs in GMM with me on a weekend evening or something and she'll be there. I do have all of the spells available to a 107 mage and if an Rk. II is available then I have it. I also have most to all of the 108-110 Rk. IIs sitting in the bank for level up.

Equipment is a mixture of 105 TBM/EoK group gear and RoS conflagrant. I do have the EM18 conflagrant earring (always important to make the pet as strong as you can get when playing a magician). I also have a few pieces from GMM that become usable at 110.

So, my near-term goals for this toon are to get her to 110, max out the AAs, and get some better gear. I am a team player though and I want to help my guildies maximize their potential. Basically, what I'm trying to do is position myself so that we can be ready for the new expansion to come out and hit it hard starting the first day.

I'm in EST but I do have a somewhat flexible schedule. If you're an EST or CST guild, I should realistically be able to make very close to 100% raid attendance during normal hours.

I'm currently on Vox but admittedly the raiding scene is very light here. I only know of one guild that's even doing TBL content. Thus, I'm certainly open to transferring off to another Live server.

If you are interested or just want more information/to evaluate further, etc. feel free to post here or send a tell in-game to vox.vastradar.

Thanks!
  2. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

Check out Ring of Valor on the Bristlebane server www.ringofvalor.org

We have a casual raid force that raids Thursday and Friday nights each week, plus some additional days (like if people want to raid old hunter achievements) and a hardcore team that currently raids Sundays and Mondays. Raid times are generally 8pm-11:30'ish EST and our casual raid force is doing EOK raids on farm and hopefully some TBL soon. Our hardcore team has had TBL on farm for months.

We are one of the oldest hardcore raid teams on all servers and have some members in our guild that have been around for 19+ years. Additionally we operate on a DKP based raid system that helps you gain incentive for higher raid attendance. It's basically the best DKP system I have ever seen and definitely better than any possible corruption from a loot council.

Hope to see you around. You can send myself, Arwyn, Smokebane, or Calinae a tell in game if you have any questions!
  3. Vastradar Journeyman

I'll check you guys out, Mizen. You sound like the sort of thing that I'm looking for. :)
  4. Moldar Augur

Feel free to check out Iratus Lepus on the Xegony Server, we are currently farming all of The Burning Lands except for Mearatas (still working away at mess).

We raid Saturday & Sunday starting at 7:30 and go roughly till 11 EST.

Feel free to check us out at http://iratus-lepus.com

We raid off a DKP system which only requires our members to have 50%+ RA to bid in the top tier with other so totally not penalized if you have to miss a weekend night to do family things, been around for as long as I can remember, and we are always looking for players that want to challenge themselves.

If you have any questions you can shoot any of the recruitment officers a tell in-game at xegony.Quility, xegony.Astrina, xegony.Binker or xegony.Moldar, or additionally you can get a hold of me via a discord private message @ Moldar#4268 if you have any questions.

Hope to see you soon!