Game packs

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by WiseOoze, Aug 21, 2019.

1. WiseOoze New Member

Old time player returning here. Used to play a 65 Druid on Ayonae Ro named Giena, I was in Fellowship of Dragons at the end of my EQ career but was also in Stone Dogs and Heavens Fire.

Just going through all the new options and I see that you can drop $35 on an EQ Anniversary pack. Is this actually worth the cost or is it just another way to drum up some fast cash from me?

Thanks!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I wouldn't but some players have to have bags and potions to play the game and I think that was very popular. Its seems it was only one or two bags and one potion? There are many quests where you can get same thru gameplay or buy them in bazaar.

If you are on your old account then you have max loyalty tokens and need to spend some. You cannot get more if your capped. So you can buy a bag there if you wanted.
  3. Kukaw Augur

Yeah I don't think the $35 pack is worth it either, on any server.

If you decide to start fresh on Mangler tho, then the $20 one can be useful.
    A 40 slot 100%WR could be very handy there, especially just starting out.
  4. Ellarache New Member

tbh even if you'r a returnee player and would feel lost on a regular server ( many things to catch up ) i would not recommand to start directly on a TLP since you might be disgusted the way the game is there .

i'm also a returning player just like you and you can trust me if i say you will of course feel lost at the beginning , but then in no time you ll be up to date and will find real awesome and nice fellows to play with on a regular server .

TLPs only have Bots / P2W players . At least the vast majority is like that .
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I think returning players should avoid the forums, they only have bots, whiners, and poor players.

Welcome back Wise. I'd personally wait 2 weeks on live or a tlp before buying the packs. You'll have a better idea of if you need them then. Also, possible labor day discount
  6. WiseOoze New Member

Some great advice here, thank you everyone!

I logged on my main last night had back to back "WTF" moments. So I think i'll head to the tutorial and see whats what.

Also, TLP = Time Locked Progression Server?
  7. Moldar Augur

TLP is Time Locked Progression Server

Selo and Mangler are the newest ones, Mangler is about to enter Velious Era, and Selo I believe is mid-omens of war (so would have some catching up to do if you go that route), live server is basically any other server minus Ragefire, Lockjaw, Agnarr, Phinigel, and maybe 1 other as they were TLPs, but are otherwise clumped in with the blue/aka: live servers
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

Sure is a definitive adjective for someone the statement is applicable too. Lol
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wouldn't get the anniversary packs. But as some suggest play a bit first before you decide on them. Live servers keep more of the old Play Nice rules simply because the players follow them even if they haven't been enforced for years. TLP servers less so. BUT, TLP servers are usually better for finding low level folks to group with. On Live servers you can find great guilds to help out returning players but exp is fairly fast on Live servers so its hard to find people to play with until you level up significantly.

If you don't mind soloing or moloing (soloing with a mercenary npc) for your early levels until you get closer to end game then the Live servers are the way to go. And since Live servers have a free to play option in addition to subscription you can check them out without putting down any cash.
    Zanarnar likes this.