Bards, Mangler moving into Velious

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by kid3, Aug 19, 2019.

1. kid3 New Member

Good morning all. I am still fairly new to playing a bard. I was curious to know if there is an ultimate bard guide of there somewhere that shows a list of all Velious bosses, and what songs you should be playing for them for each situation you are in? Something like below....

Tank group play these:
    DPS group play these:
    Healer group play these:
    Generic overall play these:

Thanks in advance
  2. Moldar Augur

This might be better answered in the TLP section of the forums, but to my knowledge for the Velious era your capped to 4 (maybe 5) total before things start fading off.

1. Tank and Healer groups are basically going to be the damn thing. AC / haste for the tanks, Mana regen for the Healers. IIRC Resists rates were a big thing for Bards back in that era so you may also need to provide Resist songs.

2. DPS Groups are simple in that your basically increasing Haste, Attack, and Resist stats if applicable for MELEE-based groups. For Caster Based groups Mana Regen and Resists stats if applicable.

I am going to take a stab at some song suggestions, but most of my bard knowledge is limited to Live servers for the level ranges 80-110...

Tank groups your going to play: Composition of Ervaj, Verses's of Victory, Pslam of Mystic Shielding (will need constant reapplication if since it is removed if tank takes more than 15 spell damage), Psalm of Purity

Healer Groups your going to play: Ancient: Lcea's Lament/Catana of Replenishment, Casindra's Elergy, Filler, Filler

Melee/Hybrid DPS: Verses's of Victory, Ancient Lcea's Lament/Catana of Replenishment, Filler, Filler

Caster DPS: Ancient Lcea's Lament/Catana of Replenishment, Verses's of Victory, Filler,

Resists:
    Magic: Psalm of Mystic Shielding (this has a built-in 15 damage **yes 15 total** spamm damage and will break and remove the buff, but it is the best magic resist buff at 120 MR)
    Poison: Psalm of Purity
    Disease: Psalm of Vitality
    Cold: Psalm of Warmth
    Fire: Psalm of Cooling

Come Shadows of Luclin you will start acquiring more worthwhile songs for DPS groups other than just a basic resist + Mana + basic haste songs start getting things like overhaste and melee procs, but until then generally making sure everyone is haste capped, providing mana to casters (DPS and Priests + Hybrids casters), and providing resists, movement (when needed), and anything else the group may require is pretty much the role in life for a Bard in classic.

There are a handful of older instant click items like the Breath of Harmony that can provide additional effects that do not require you to memorize that song

Additionally if you do not need to provide resists you can use a personal DPS song: Jonthan's Inspiration to give yourself a small dps buff if things like resists are not really needed.