Epic 2.0's and Elemental Planes access

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Otus/Zlandian, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Otus/Zlandian New Member

so i did a main switch at the begining of GoD on Selo. we are now in OoW and i am looking at going towards 2.0. problem is i never got elemental flagged on the character and i need drops from multiple elemental planes for a combine. if i remember right on live they had changed the elementals to only require lvl 65 to enter without a flag by that time. am i remembering this wrong, or should the switch have been made already?
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Looks like you need to wait for DoN (or get gimped in using the 85% rule)
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Planes_of_Power

Plane Access Changes

In the 2-8-2017 patch the following changes were made:
    - Corrected some Progression-server-only requirements for Planes of Power zones. When Planes of Power launches they will require full flagging. Once Lost Dungeons of Norrath launches they will behave as they did from the first time zone access was increased (in 2003) until we again lowered their requirements during the Dragons of Norrath era. The 85/15 rule remains unchanged for these zones.
    - The Plane of Valor can now be entered at level 55 without other flags when Lost Dungeons of Norrath is open. This requirement lowers to level 46 when Dragons of Norrath opens.
    - The Halls of Honor can be entered at level 63 when Lost Dungeons of Norrath is open. This will now lower to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously neither exception would work on Progression servers.
    - The Temple of Marr can now be entered at level 62 without other flags when Lost Dungeons of Norrath is open. This requirement now lowers to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously there had not been an alternate level requirement for this zone on Progression servers until DoN unlocked it.
    - Drunder, the Fortress of Zek can now be entered at level 62 without other flags when Lost Dungeons of Norrath is open. This requirement will lower to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens.
    - The Bastion of Thunder can now be entered at level 62 without other flags when Lost Dungeons of Norrath is open. This requirement will lower to 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously neither exception would ever take effect on Progression servers.
    - The Tower of Solusek Ro can now be entered at level 57 when Dragons of Norrath opens. Previously there was no alternate level requirement available at any time on Progression servers.
    - The Elemental planes (Air, Fire, Water, EarthA and EarthB) can only be entered via flag until Dragons of Norrath opens. At that point any level 60 will be able to enter these zones.
  3. Otus/Zlandian New Member

this makes it harder to get the items needed for 2.0
    i think that it should be that once you get 1.5 you are flagged for elementals
    that would alleviate the problem AND keep the elementals locked from anyone who doesn't need them
  4. Febb Augur

Just because you want your epic doesn't mean the elemental planes should be open to all. Get your guild to flag you or wait until DoN.
    TLP Addict and Graethos like this.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

You can also get pushed in.

At the beginning or end of your raid night when the raid is forming or done for the evening take advantage and zone into whatever Elemental plane you need to and go get the drop you need.
    Graethos likes this.
  6. Aegir Augur

I also remember some of these zones doesn't become accessable without flags until some time after the correct expansion unlocks. Afaik it's 30 days after unlock, at least it was for GoD Zones around DoDH. Which is kinda meh for Selo.
  7. yerm Augur

I assume you swapped to ranger in GoD? Can't think of what other 2.0 could prompt this.

You can get a group to xp in fire and water and piggyback you in. You may even get the fire one just asking in general and groups already there might hook you up; water will probably need you to go yourself.

You can also get flagged by killing the god and hailing the projection. Any guild that can secure a 2.0 orb can roll over fennin and coirnav. You could try getting people to do these for alt loot, or your raid leaders to consider it to flag you and the berserkers etc, or /join pickupraid and put something together. These are the easy elemental gods.
  8. Kiaro Augur

Beastlords need an item from the Phoenix isle in air.
  9. Otus/Zlandian New Member

what i was talking about is that maybe the aquiring of a 1.5 or the begining of a 2.0 quest could act like an elemental flag. basically make it another alternate access point. the content is outdated by a lot by then. and there is still MotM on the raid mobs
  10. Scorrpio Augur

If your guild can raid CoA, chances are it has a lot of people who raided EPs/Time. Ask around and see if you can form a team to 85/15 you in.
  11. Bowdeen Elder

Or.. and I know this is real hard.. you can do this exactly like everyone else has on the TLPs. You can get pushed in to the zones, you can back-flag and zone in, or you can purchase your drops you need.

I know prior to OoW launching on RF, I wasn't elemental flagged.. yet I went through and purchased all of my bards mephit drops he needed. Once OoW was actually out and I was 70, with no anguish armor, I was able to go back and 6box almost every single flagging event in PoP (pre-elemental). Grab some guildies and go do that on offnights if you don't have enough people flagged.