Gaudy Rainbow Cutlass

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Tutankamen Augur

I don't even have a rogue but I might have made one if this hadn't been severely underpowered from it's first day... and I believe that was a mistake. Why is this the case? It's one of the coolest looking items in the game and it can never be used.

Can this be fixed? make it in -line with other items from GMM and TBL? I'd probably roll a rogue if this were taken care of...
  2. Duder Augur

It isn't broken, nothing to fix. They aren't likely(Will never) to completely change an item for the sake of some ones vanity preference. If you like it that much, make a rogue and use it.
  3. Tutankamen Augur

I think if an item is well below where it is supposed to be then they can make it more in line with an expansion, they've done it before plenty of times.
  4. svann Augur

Its not underpowered though. It has the same damage/delay as the 2 other rogue usable TBL group piercers, plus its got better backstab damage and a poison based proc.

If you want better then next step up is crafted and then gmm stuff. By design.
  5. Duder Augur

You have posted no links to other items, I wouldn't expect others to look it up to confirm or refute your claims. If you're trying to get something done here then your efforts are severely lacking.
    Skewert likes this.
  6. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=133875

Here's the link to this item.

Gaudy Rainbow Cutlass

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE PLACEABLE
    Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
    Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 19
    DMG: 150 Dmg Bonus: 28 AC: 222
    Backstab DMG: 77
    Poison DMG: 1
    This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
    Skill Mod: Backstab +12% (34 Max)
    STR: +60+20 DEX: +57+22 STA: +33+24 CHA: +33+24 WIS: +29+16 INT: +23 AGI: +38+21 HP: +5984 ENDUR: +5796
    SV FIRE: +53 SV DISEASE: +63 SV COLD: +59 SV MAGIC: +70 SV POISON: +55 SV CORRUPTION: +1
    Attack: +42 HP Regen +7 Spell Damage: +26 Heal Amount: +30
    Required level of 110.
    Effect: Injection of Poison V (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)
    WT: 2.1 Size: MEDIUM
    Class: ROG
    Race: ALL except ERU HIE TRL OGR IKS
    Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)
    Slot 2, Type 20 (Ornamentation)
  7. Tutankamen Augur

Ok I mean look up Peacock Feather of the Lady, this is gear from THREE expacs ago, way too close damagewise when you consider that other classes - all - other classes get far superior boost to their weapons. This is a comment mainly for devs. You made something really cool that has no real appeal to actually use, because the stats and dmg are just too low , and that’s a shame.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I completely agree.

Gaudy Rainbow Cutlass is being underserved … the other two piercers in TBL group have tribute values of over 19k while GRC has only 13.2k. That is not right.

If you are implying that the weapon stats are underpowered, bringing a raid weapon in the discussion of group weapons really isn't helping your cause. And as Svann says, it is exactly in line with the other group TBL piercers with slightly better stuff for rogues (backstab damage, poison proc).

Comparing to GMM is wrong … GMM came out 3 months later and is suppose to be better. And tradeskill stuff is suppose to be the highest TBL tier for group weapons. Which it is.

We get it … you like the weapon look. Ask for the weapon look on other things then.
    Skewert, Corwyhn Lionheart and Duder like this.
  9. Kakimor New Member

Generally devs follow a formula for itemization and stat upgrades. Occasionally adjust that set formula if their is enough data provided to argue for such a change.
    At the moment based on parses I see every week ... rogues don't have much room to argue for needed or necessary changes. You are also comparing a group weapon with a raid. Try comparing with
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=160565;source=lucy or
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=160645;source=lucy

or if you are going to insist on comparing two raid weapons try comparing peacock with
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=161165;source=lucy or
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=160965;source=lucy
    which are the two best ratio rogue only piercing weapons from current content.

Unless of course you are trying to say their is too big a difference in group ratio's vs raid .....
    Duder and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I really wish we could get more pottery hero's forge recipes for older weapon graffics. As I understand it, tranmogging weapons in WoW is very much a feature players LOVE in that game. We would, too.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Tutankamen Augur

Love the contrarian culture on the message boards. The “raid” weapon I compared is from 3 expacs behind. Compare another combat class raid weapon against a TBL Upper tier group weapon and tell me if you see anywhere near as close a comparison.
  12. Duder Augur

People already did all the work you didn't do and wouldn't do. Now you're asking them to do more when you are met with disagreement.

It is on par the same as other weapons, you don't know what you're talking about. End of story.
  13. Tutankamen Augur

Duder you’re a troll with a bad attitude- yes EQ is full of people like you. I’ll do to you here the same thing I do in game: add you to ignore. With your personality you probably get a lot of that in real life too! I specially didn’t link other items bc of I do that it may affect those classes negatively rather than helping to prove my point about the Rogue weapon. Even the two weapons linked to “compare” were significantly more powerful. Take your troll bs somewhere else. You don’t even play rogue , you just came here to be negative, which is clearly what you’re about. Bye!
  14. Duder Augur

People that expect some sort of evidence when a claim is made? Any at all? Yeah, the world is full of people like that too.
    Diptera, Skewert and Whulfgar like this.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

First off. If the reason you create a toon is based upon weapons .. graphics..

Why are you playing Everquest ?

Literally every other MMO on the market right now has a graphic's engine that is literally
    light year's ahead of the graphic's engine of Everquest.

So I call BS .. on your whole "I might have made one if.." statement.

You can not compare the weapons that came out in TBL .. to a special anniversary implimented zone.
    That has all best in slot grp gear.

You have to compare it to the weapons of its era which in this instance is TBL.
    So here let us do just that..

Gaudy Rainbow Cutlass : 19 del , 150 dam +1bs (7.89dps) : 3600DD poison proc.
    Glass Miserloorde : 19 del , 150 dam, (7.89dps) 3200 flame proc.
    Empyrean Stiletto : 19 del , 150 dam, (7.89dps) 1920 clout proc.

Gaudy Rainbow Cutlass has thee highest dps proc on the whole rogue useable TBL era list.

How is this not "comparable" to the weapons that came out in TBL ?

Now for the second part..

Just because 1 person in all of Everquest .. hates how the stats are on 1 individual weapon.. Because
    they love that look of the weapon..

Does not mean dev's need to take time off of New expansion content .. to "Fix" your want list.. over any
    other single person's want list ..

And lets be real which is more important ?

You wanting this weapon's graphic's .. with higher stats .. or a Necro's epic / dot situation finally being fixed ?

Whats more important ?

Your ego being sated .. again because you like a weapon an "MIGHT" make 1 toon if the dev's take time off of
    the new content .. to fix something that does not need fixing ?

Naa..

1 person's "might make a new toon" if they "Fixed a weapons stats" to what that person wants is not a good enough
    reason for dev's to lift finger 1 ..

And it all boil's down to a might.. or a "probably" would make another toon.. Either S#it or get off the pot.
    Either way. Good hunting ..
    Killaas_FV, Viltaire and Duder like this.
  16. svann Augur

Compare ranger vs rogue ratios in ros and TBL. They're equal for all intents.
    Duder likes this.
  17. Kenre Journeyman

I main a rogue (though that is a moot point as regardless of my class I play many classes competently and even those I don't play I can look at stats and understand how to compare armor/weapons). The Gaudy Rainbow Cutlass is EXACTLY in line with the other TBL rogue pokers (and even slighly better).

You cannot compare group weapons with raid weapons and have any argument. Always compare like to like. Raid weapons hold their power much longer than raid armor does now.

The GMM weapons are better as they are best in slot for non-vis and weapons for every class.

Rogues are a lot of fun and great DPS with group gear. If you want to play one, go and have fun.
    Skewert and Duder like this.
  18. Hissteria Lorekeeper

None of the weapons in TBL had significant boosts in melee damage. The ac/hp/mana and stats went up nicely, but the dmg didn't go up much at all.
  19. Beergoggles Elder

I'm going to have to assume you are referring to group weapons in this statement as you did not specify, because TBL raid weapons had the largest jump in damage i can remember in a very long time if not ever. Damage increases have been fairly linear, but in TBL raid weapons' dmg was increased far more than anything I can remember.
  20. Hissteria Lorekeeper

Maybe the beergoggles got in the way?